Senior Account Manager
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the Role
As a senior account manager, you will support the business objectives of the Ad Platform team by driving growth with existing customers by helping them leverage our platform to meet and exceed their KPIs. You will learn and help develop new processes as this still-growing business adds products and explores new ad monetization opportunities. Your main target customer groups will be newly signed top tier agency partners as well as select small to medium-sized businesses utilizing our self-service Ad Platform to promote their businesses. Their success and long-term retention on the platform will be the key determinant of success in this role.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a great way to grow your career? Let's get into the details.
- Foster and manage relationships with top agency partners, ensuring their needs and goals are met effectively
- Support and lead presenting insights, data & campaign metrics during client meetings and/or QBRs
- Be responsible for quarterly retention and growth metrics across your accounts, implementing strategies to achieve and surpass these goals
- Play a pivotal role in hosting feedback sessions, providing insights for new feature launches, and identifying key opportunities to stimulate growth
- Provide proactive account management, constantly seeking ways to enhance partner satisfaction and performance
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop scalable solutions and strategies
- Utilize knowledge of ad server technology and event tracking to troubleshoot and support clients effectively
- 5+ years of experience in account management with a strong focus on advertising
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability in sales and converting leads into clients
- Familiarity with digital advertising platforms and ad server technologies
- Strong analytical skills for data-driven decision making
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget