Software Engineer, iOS
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the Role
In this iOS Engineer role, you will have the unique opportunity to spearhead the development of a state-of-the-art, business-to-business (B2B) SDK, a cornerstone in boosting our billion-dollar enterprise. This role goes beyond mere coding; it is about crafting an innovative tool that will revolutionize the way our business engages with technology. Your work will not only involve technical expertise but also creative problem-solving to redefine industry standards.
- Lead SDK Development
- Tackle unique B2B challenges with creative problem-solving
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of SDK
- Work with UI/UX, product management, and backend teams for seamless integration
- Conduct thorough testing, code reviews, and maintain documentation
- Continuously upgrade the SDK with the latest iOS features and practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Bonus Technical Skills: Experience in developing SDKs or similar tools
We offer competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family (0 cost for individual)
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget