Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Build and manage systems, infrastructure and applications through automation
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
- BS with 5 years+ working experience as Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) or MS with 3 years+ working experience in Computer Science major
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience in infrastructure like AWS, mongo, mysql, hadoop, kubernetes
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals
- Networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Virtualization technologies such as Docker
- Extensive experience in supporting production Internet services
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget