Senior Database Administrator ( MySQL + MSSQL)
We are looking for a Senior MySQL Database Administrator passionate about IT to join our Technical Operations team as a result of NMI’s continued growth and investment in the underlying systems.
The Technical Operations team is responsible for the running of all hardware and software within the production and office environment. This consists of a network connecting different sites over the globe which has to be highly available 24x7. The successful applicant as Senior Database Administrator will become a core member of this Team.
- This role will focus on the maintenance and design of our database estate, including restructuring of the database resources to best suit the performance, redundancy and reliability goals of the Company.
- Manage and monitor all databases
- Assist in designing and refining database architecture
- On-Call for database related incidents
- Test, document and improve database performance across the estate
- Incident root cause analysis; solutions to prevent future database outages
- Work with developers to resolve performance issues and support database related improvements
- Ability to communicate effectively with Company stakeholders
- Production experience with all of the mentioned below:
- Group replication.
This is a fully remote role (work anywhere in the US), however, if you live within a reasonable commutable distance, we’d love to see you in the office from time to time!
We are open to candidates from the following US States: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Utah, Texas, Wyoming, Virginia, Kansas and Tennessee.
There is an out-of-hours on-call rotation that will require the Senior Database Administrator to respond to and resolve or escalate any database-related problems within the SLA.
- 5+ years of DBA knowledge and experience with MySQL 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 and 8.0
- Experience performing MySQL patches and Major version upgrades
- Experience in the following: High Availability, Replication, Disaster Recovery, Backup and recovery
- Experience with Percona Tools
- Skilled in database design and architecture
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A good understanding and experience of Linux - RHEL/CentOS
- Cloud hosted databases
- MySQL certification
- Understanding of Infrastructure components and requirements outside of the database environment
- Puppet / Gitlab
- A remote first culture!
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Personal growth and advancement opportunities
- Vacation & sick time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Company volunteer days
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
What we do!
NMI enables our partners with choice, and challenges the one-size-fits-all approach to payments. You've probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a license for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the US. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the US.