Director of Global Support
NMI is seeking a Director of Global Support with a proven track record of developing and scaling Support organizations within fast-paced and disruptive environments. In this role, you will hire, lead, and develop customer-facing technical support teams to deliver high performance that meets all KPIs and drives customer satisfaction in a fintech environment through both organic and inorganic growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the VP of Partner Experience to develop and implement a global, scalable technical customer support strategy based on customer support best practice models and market knowledge in a fintech environment with significant organic and inorganic growth
- Coach, mentor, and motivate leaders and individual contributors by delivering timely feedback on performance and holding teams accountable while driving high customer satisfaction
- Utilize metrics, KPIs, customer feedback, tools, and technology to drive automation and efficiency in the customer support organization by implementing new processes and systems
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Engineering, Partner Launch and Implementation, Channel Account Management, and Partner Success, and Product teams to provide a frictionless and exceptional Partner Experience
- Develop and implement a talent and career management plan that attracts, mentors, develops, rewards, and retains top management and individual contributor talent through organizational growth
- Develop dashboards and quarterly reports on customer support metrics, including KPIs and customer satisfaction feedback trends for both Support Management and Executive teams
- Track product trends and feedback coming through the support organization and work with Product teams to provide input into product development and future enhancements
- Handle issues and escalations in a timely, efficient, and effective manner while minimizing risk and improving customer experience. Create escalation processes for both internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in software technology, including 6 years of leadership experience in technical customer support organizations
- Experience with M&A and integrating people, processes and systems into Support
- Fintech or payments experience required
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent presentation skills to all levels of organization
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset and view
- Comfortable with high-growth and fast-paced environments and their unique challenges
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k matching up to 4% after two months of service
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care/Transit and Commuting Account
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Casual dress
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a license for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the US. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the US.
We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payments. You've probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.