Corporate Paralegal (Fintech/Payments)
NMI has an exciting new opportunity for a Paralegal to join the legal team remotely. We are seeking a Paralegal that has competitive drive, strong work ethic, problem solving passion, and a sense of customer service. If you are an experienced paralegal professional with these attributes who is looking to join an engaged team in an exciting and innovative industry, NMI has a place for you.
As a Corporate Paralegal you will:
- Coordinate legal department files, routine legal department requests and other administrative matters as required
- Manage routine agreement review, revision, and execution in partnership with legal counsel and in consultation with internal business partners
- Liaise with our registered agent, insurance provider, and other corporate service providers
- Own KYC, due diligence processes, and customer information requests for the legal department
- Draft, update and file various federal and state forms and various documents for corporate activities
- Maintain an organized and efficient legal document management system, including electronic and physical files
- Coordinate subpoena responses and support risk/dispute management processes
- Draft, update and coordinate corporate policy documents
- Support various projects and initiatives led by the legal department
What we hope you will bring to NMI:
- 3+ Years of substantive corporate law experience in a law firm or established legal department
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Research and investigation skills
- Ability to take ownership of a project from beginning to end
- Passion for working cross-departmentally
- Strong written and oral communication skills, customer service attitude
- Notary qualification preferred or willing to complete qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Annual salary of $75,000 - $95,000
- A remote first culture!
- Flex PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company volunteer days
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
NMI enables our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payment. You’ve probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a license for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the US. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the US.