Risk Analyst (Payments /Fintech)
The Risk Analyst is responsible for monitoring and managing the resolution of risk related issues in a timely manner and conducting various tasks with the goal of mitigating risk and minimizing losses attributable to merchant and ACH processing. This includes interaction required with the sponsor bank(s) and processors to ensure all items are addressed.
- Review merchant transaction details daily and make decisions based on parameters as well as processing activity (i.e. merchant's average ticket, month-to-date volume vs contractual amounts, invalid authorizations, ACH returns, and chargebacks)
- Review daily chargeback and retrieval summary report
- Take appropriate action where needed to resolve chargeback related problems
- Place merchant accounts on ACH hold, as necessary
- Terminate accounts, when needed
- Review and resolve tickets within Risk queue
- Contact merchants and secure supporting documentation such as financials and invoices, as needed
- Review merchant exceptions reports and act on issues in accordance with procedures
- Perform periodic reviews on high risk and high-volume merchants
- Analyze merchant trends and determine potential exposure
- Manage assignments of risk and underwriting related initiatives as required
- Provide backup support to the underwriting team to assist in underwriting merchants when necessary
- Work closely with Director of Risk and Compliance to ensure departmental SLAs are being met
- Review and respond to email correspondences from sponsor bank and merchants
- Preferred minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience in the payments environment
- Financial risk management experience required
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, with solid financial and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work in a goal-oriented environment
- Proven ability to show initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to maintain confidential customer & bank information in a responsible and secure manner
- Solid, logical problem solving and organizational skills required
- Must have the ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy in a high-speed environment
- Efficient with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Word and Excel
- High school degree or equivalent; Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Annual salary of $70,000 - $80,000
- A remote first culture!
- Flex PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company volunteer days
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
NMI enables our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payment. You’ve probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a license for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the US. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the US.