Sr. QA Lead, CAM
NZXT is a rapidly growing company made up of gamers, builders and PC enthusiasts on a mission to create hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. We are a team of creative, motivated and results-oriented people who love what we do and are dedicated to making it easy, fun and rewarding for our audience to play games. We are a founder-led organization that has not lost any of our entrepreneurial, scrappy roots. This is an exciting time to join NZXT as we are poised for significant global expansion and growth.
Job Title: Senior QA Lead, CAM
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Workplace Type: On-site
The Senior QA Lead of our CAM team contributes to NZXT’s mission by helping build the next generation of software that powers our hardware products. You will help on automation test and related test activities to bring our users the best experience. You will be responsible for setting up, performing, and evaluating run-time and performance-based tests and work closely with our software developers and design team and ensure product releases are streamlined and stable. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, have strong coding skills, excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, the ability to learn new technologies, and the ability to think strategically.
- Managing 4-6 direct reports with inclusive leadership.
- Overall quality ownership for CAM projects, test plans for existing or new features to validate the software function in different kinds of hardware production.
- Set up and implement an automated testing system with high test coverage.
- Adopt continuous integration and automation to reduce manual test load. Practice test early and test often.
- Log, track, regress, and close bugs in our tracking system and also create, organize and discuss work on our wiki page.
- Mentor or provide guidance to the other members of the team.
- Identify areas of improvements, track any changes and status updates for current builds.
- Prioritize and multitask with strong problem-solving and individual thinking skills.
- Clarify and address the root cause or the reason why the issue occurs.
- Point out the workflow issues within the QA team or cross-functional teams and provide root cause and solution to improve software quality.
- Ability to work independently in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Write useful tools to help teamwork become more efficient.
- 8+ years of testing experience within software quality assurance.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN.
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and services like Github actions, Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Experience with testing automation framework/tool such as Selenium, WebdriverIO, Cucumber, or Robot Framework.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work with a team locally or
- Software Engineer background is a plus.
- Gaming hardware knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Agile framework.
- Familiarity with desktop app testing.
- Familiarity with Electron is desired.
- Passionate about quality assurance.
CULTURE & VALUES
At NZXT, we believe in the importance of Design Thinking and the power of Serving Community, and our values spring from those two core ideas:
- We care a lot
- We speak up
- We do what we say
- We are curious and aren’t afraid to try
- We take accountability
- We apply what we learn
- We are in this together—win or lose
- We lift each other up
- We value every voice
- We make it efficient
- We reduce friction
- We keep things user-friendly
We hope that every NZXT employee internalizes and practices these values to the point where they become second nature. We expect our leaders and managers to embody and nurture these values, because when they are in full force... amazing things can happen.
NZXT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.