Director of Quality, Compliance & Manufacturing Engineering
NZXT is a founder-led, global organization that has not lost our entrepreneurial, scrappy roots. We’re made up of gamers, builders and PC enthusiasts on a mission to create hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. So what makes NZXT, NZXT? Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds with unique experiences and interests that make us better. We invent, we play, and we have fun doing it because building is more than just assembling computer parts - building is an attitude and a state of mind. That attitude is shared by an ever-growing community of people who are all here to help each other reach the next great thing. This is an exciting time to join NZXT - let’s get building.
Job Title: Director of Quality, Compliance & Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Workplace Type: Onsite/Hybrid
The Director of Quality, Compliance and Manufacturing Engineering is a crucial role that will ultimately raise the performance of the company in terms of the quality,
reliability and acceptance of its products, by its customers and partners.
In addition this person will be responsible for establishing a corporate quality system and growing a high caliber team that ensures customer satisfaction and positively impacts the financial performance of NZXT Inc.
As NZXT’s Director of Quality, Compliance and Manufacturing Engineering you will:
- Implement and uphold quality & compliance standards and processes
- Lead local Asia manufacturing and quality teams to ensure product quality and production continuity.
- Act as engineering and quality contact point for Asian contract manufacturers in mass production.
- Drive resolutions for various manufacturing line problems with Asian manufacturing partners and their suppliers
- Drive optimization of production yield and throughput/UPH (unit per hour) to enhance quality and reduce cycle time and cost
- Managing a supplier corrective action system, on-site visits and regular meeting to address supplier quality issues and supplier changes monitoring through PC (product/process change notification) platform
- Maintaining excellent relationship with Asian contract manufacturers and components supplier
- Perform quality audits and participate in supplier selection with Supplier Management and engineering
- Work closely with and provide leadership for the compliance team and the Supplier Quality Engineers
- Meet or exceed customer quality expectations and champion tools for designing-in and assuring quality, as well as continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives
- Using knowledge of customer concerns and requirements, partner closely with engineering, production and customer service upfront to enable the development/specification of robust design and manufacturing processes in order to deliver world-class products
- Effectively create and support process enhancement initiatives to maintain an environment of continuous improvement throughout the organization. Provide effective leadership support, training and guidance to all company personnel
- Knowledge and understanding of CEC regulations in the Consumer Electronics (CE) space
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance standards as it relates to CE (UL, ISO, etc)
- Setting and driving applicable ISO standards and best practice processes throughout operations
- Deep quality assurance and compliance experience and driving implementation through the organization
- Knowledge of establishing and maintaining effective Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Ability to attract A-player talent to the Quality org
- Must have a demonstrable record of implementing and maintaining a new product development and supplier bring-up quality systems; laying out a strategic plan and overseeing the tactical implementation, driving improved operational and quality metrics. This person will assure that systems and processes are in place and that inter- and intradepartmental communications are such that “things be done only once – the right way.”
- Successful development and implementation of a quality strategy for a manufacturing operations and JDM environment providing Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Quality solutions
- A high energy level matched with enthusiasm is an important attitude within the organization. Will set an example for department through personal commitment and drive
- Critical Thinking - Able to work in uncharted areas. Capable of integrating large amounts of information to address complex issues. Challenges conventional wisdom when required. Intellectually aggressive with a strong end-product orientation
- Interpersonal Skills - Able to quickly establish and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within all levels and functions of the organization. Creates team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives. Maintains positive, professional relationships with external contacts. Able to interface effectively with investigators as well as manufacturing staff so that they will willingly accept this individual’s counsel and direction
- Organizational Skills - Able to operate independently. Manages time well, follows through on commitments and pays attention to details. Able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Maturity - Able to provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment. Is assertive and confident. Recognizes when help is needed because of lack of pertinent knowledge
- Training/Mentoring Skills - Able to foster the professional development of the team through mentoring, and feedback on results. Willingly share personal knowledge and experience and is able to move decisively with performance problems. Able to assist in the recruitment of top talent, as required. Responsible for being a trainer, developer, and supervisor but also a mentor who enjoys bringing individuals and teams to higher plateaus
- Professional - Able to demonstrate unquestionable integrity, credibility and character. Has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
- BS or BA degree with 10+ years experience in a similar role with at least five of those years in a management position
CULTURE & VALUES
At NZXT, we believe in the importance of Design Thinking and the power of Serving Community, and our values spring from those two core ideas:
- We care a lot
- We speak up
- We do what we say
- We are curious and aren’t afraid to try
- We take accountability
- We apply what we learn
- We are in this together—win or lose
- We lift each other up
- We value every voice
- We make it efficient
- We reduce friction
- We keep things user-friendly
We hope that every NZXT employee internalizes and practices these values to the point where they become second nature. We expect our leaders and managers to embody and nurture these values, because when they are in full force... amazing things can happen.
NZXT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.