HR & Global Payroll Specialist
NZXT is a founder-led, global organization that has not lost our entrepreneurial, scrappy roots. We’re made up of gamers, builders and PC enthusiasts on a mission to create hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. So what makes NZXT, NZXT? Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds with unique experiences and interests that make us better. We invent, we play, and we have fun doing it because building is more than just assembling computer parts - building is an attitude and a state of mind. That attitude is shared by an ever-growing community of people who are all here to help each other reach the next great thing. This is an exciting time to join NZXT - let’s get building.
Job Title:HR & Global Payroll Specialist
Location: City Of Industry, CA
Workplace Type: Remote
We are on the lookout for a Human Resources and Global Payroll Specialist who is eager to grow and contribute to NZXT’s People & Culture team. This role will report to our Senior Manager, HR & Global Payroll and will play a critical role in performing payroll procedures on a global scale while supporting our People & Culture Team with a variety of tasks.
[Bullet points detailing the main responsibilities that will be performed for this position]
People & Culture Team Support:
- Assist in implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain employee records, HRIS, ensuring completion and accuracy of key details related to employee changes.
- Assist with coordinating compliance training sessions and tracking completion.
- Contribute to employee engagement initiatives and assist in organizing company events.
- Respond to internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests, including viewing and responding to Unemployment Claims and Employment verification requests.
- Support employee onboarding process, ensure all new hire paperwork is completed and employees are set up for the best onboarding experience.
- Support new hire orientation and bi-weekly benefits orientation.
- Support employee off-boarding process.
- Provide administrative support to the HR team, assisting with various projects as needed.
- Run monthly and quarterly data reports as needed
Global Payroll Support:
- Assist with processing payroll for employees in the US and across different international regions, ensuring compliance with varying tax and employment regulations.
- Help reconcile payroll discrepancies and validate data for accuracy.
- Maintain records pertaining to employee compensation and benefits.
- Support the administration of payroll-related documentation, such as inputting/updating tax withholding & direct deposit records.
- Prepare and distribute reports, including PTO, OT/DT, and Break Penalty reports.
- Maintain 401K and HSA database and remit funds to third party vendors.
- Process and audit time cards including: identifying missing timecards and contacting supervisors; verifying eligibility for OT and meal breaks, etc.
- Facilitate effective communication between HR and global payroll providers.
- Stay current with global payroll regulations and best practices.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in human resources and payroll processing.
- Working understanding of human resource and payroll principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience streamlining HR and Payroll tasks and processes.
- Willingness to learn HR and Payroll operations and leverage technology to bring efficiencies.
- Adaptability to work with diverse cultures and business practices
WHY JOIN THE NZXT PEOPLE TEAM? You’ll be joining a forward-thinking, empathetic team that embraces innovation and values the individual contribution of each member (and has fun!). This role provides the opportunity to build a solid career foundation in both HR and Global Payroll in an environment that fosters professional growth and learning.
The estimated base range for this role is: $30-$38 per hour. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, internal equity and alignment with market data. We offer a wide range of benefits including health/dental/vision/life insurance, retirement, paid holidays and paid time off. All employees at NZXT receive equity as part of their compensation package.
CULTURE & VALUES
At NZXT, we believe in the importance of Design Thinking and the power of Serving Community, and our values spring from those two core ideas:
- We care a lot
- We speak up
- We do what we say
- We are curious and aren’t afraid to try
- We take accountability
- We apply what we learn
- We are in this together—win or lose
- We lift each other up
- We value every voice
- We make it efficient
- We reduce friction
- We keep things user-friendly
We hope that every NZXT employee internalizes and practices these values to the point where they become second nature. We expect our leaders and managers to embody and nurture these values, because when they are in full force... amazing things can happen.
NZXT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.