Sr. Firmware Engineer
NZXT is a founder-led, global organization that has not lost our entrepreneurial, scrappy roots. We’re made up of gamers, builders and PC enthusiasts on a mission to create hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. So what makes NZXT, NZXT? Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds with unique experiences and interests that make us better. We invent, we play, and we have fun doing it because building is more than just assembling computer parts - building is an attitude and a state of mind. That attitude is shared by an ever-growing community of people who are all here to help each other reach the next great thing. This is an exciting time to join NZXT - let’s get building.
Job Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Workplace Type: Hybrid
We are seeking a skilled Senior Firmware Engineer to join our hardware engineering team at our Taiwan office. As part of the team, you will actively participate in the entire firmware development cycle for current and upcoming NZXT devices. Additionally, you will utilize Python and other scripting languages to create automation and testing tools, thereby enhancing product quality. Your responsibilities will also include monitoring the implementation status with third-party firmware, while collaborating closely with the NZXT hardware and software teams to integrate with the NZXT Windows client application (CAM).
- Collaborate in the design, development, and testing of embedded firmware for PC components and gaming peripheral products.
- Formulate firmware requirements, control protocols, and user interface specifications.
- Establish strong partnerships with suppliers, quality assurance teams, design partners, and manufacturing facilities to ensure the delivery of high-quality firmware that offers an exceptional customer experience.
- Contribute to product and system-level architectural planning, participate in reviews, and engage in effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Uphold best practices in software engineering, including comprehensive requirement documentation, rigorous code reviews, and thorough testing and verification procedures.
- BS (or MS) in computer science or computer engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in developing embedded firmware or software.
- Experience in 32-bit MCU firmware development like ARM Cortex-M with C/C++.
- Experience with bare metal and RTOS (real time operating systems) environments.
- Experience with communication interfaces such as I2C, SPI, and UART.
- Experience with Oscilloscope and Logic Analyzers.
- Experience with version control software such as Git.
- Understanding of USB and following class specifications such as HID, UAC, and CDC.
● Knowledge of hardware and software development life-cycle process.
● Experience with wireless solutions such as BT/BLE, Wi-Fi, and 2.4GHz proprietary.
● Experience with Python, C# or Linux shell scripting.
● Embedded systems using Android/Linux with ARM cortex-A platforms.
● Proficient in both written and spoken English.
CULTURE & VALUES
At NZXT, we believe in the importance of Design Thinking and the power of Serving Community, and our values spring from those two core ideas:
- We care a lot
- We speak up
- We do what we say
- We are curious and aren’t afraid to try
- We take accountability
- We apply what we learn
- We are in this together—win or lose
- We lift each other up
- We value every voice
- We make it efficient
- We reduce friction
- We keep things user-friendly
We hope that every NZXT employee internalizes and practices these values to the point where they become second nature. We expect our leaders and managers to embody and nurture these values, because when they are in full force... amazing things can happen.
NZXT is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.