Senior Risk Analyst
Paysafe (“Paysafe”) (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
Paysafe is currently looking for a Senior Risk Analyst to join the team based in our London office. We are offering a fun and collaborative work environment with the chance to split your time between the office and working from home on a hybrid remote working basis.
As a Senior Risk Analyst, you will be an integral part of our Risk team. You will be naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems. You’re not happy to accept “that’s how things have always been done”. Above all, you have a proven ability to develop and improve processes and demonstrate the impact of these with data.
What you will be doing
- Monitor and analyse daily merchant batch settlements queries to detect irregular patterns in transaction activity and initiates appropriate adverse action to mitigate loss.
- Investigate high risk or suspicious transaction activity with merchants, issuing banks, and cardholders to determine the proper action.
- Conduct merchant transaction, volume and chargeback activity review and analysis.
- Communicate with merchants and sales offices regarding exception or suspicious activity and communicate with merchants, issuing banks, cardholders and other acquirers to request additional documentation to support processing activity.
- Initiate funding holds/releases within authority levels and investigate any potential losses as appropriate.
- Lead and resolve fraud investigations: fraud risk management, regulatory investigations, monitoring, preventing and mitigating economic and compliance risk from business customers and related investigative work.
- Analyse performance of risk alert and losses to statistically recommend the appropriate alerts and parameters for the Risk Monitoring System.
- Be responsible for setting merchant risk parameters according to merchants’ historical volume, activity and credit risk exposure.
- Identify gaps in processes, opportunities for improvement and assist in the development, training, and implementation.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in acquiring risk investigations, specifically in an online payment processing, e-commerce or banking environment.
- Knowledge of various card brand rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to analyse, evaluate and mitigate fraud risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills with an ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to think logically and process information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills as well as great problem solving and time management abilities.
- Self-motivated, diligent, resourceful, and can learn internal systems quickly.
- A creative/innovative approach to solving complex problems of both a strategic and technical nature.
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.