Audit Director, Financial Crime Compliance
Paysafe (“Paysafe”) (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
The Audit Director for Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) contributes to the value of the Group Internal Audit function by providing thought leadership and specialist knowledge in all aspects of financial crime and compliance risks, to support the Internal Audit team in achieving their objectives, mission and vision.
Group Internal Audit Mission
To protect and grow Paysafe’s value by providing objective, risk-based assurance and insight to the business, enabling it to drive ongoing improvement in governance, risk management and controls
Group Internal Audit Vision
Being an independent, business-focused, function of the highest integrity, that adopts a compliant, collaborative, respectful approach to its work, and is recognised as a critical contributor to a robust, resilient and successful Paysafe through effectively achieving the Audit Mission.
• Building strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business to determine an appropriate audit plan of coverage for FCC across all products and businesses, taking into account jurisdictional regulatory requirements for mandatory audit work
• Leading all FCC audits in-house and providing SME input to ensure audits are delivered to high quality and meet the expectations in terms of coverage and regulatory requirements
• Developing the broader team on FCC related risks and controls to build in-house capability
• Take ownership for assessing appropriate closure of FCC related audit findings
• Proactively identifying improvement opportunities related to the quality and compliance of internal audit deliverables, and owning initiatives to ensure improvements are implemented
• Liaising with third party audit service providers and other internal/external partners of Internal Audit to ensure audit work is conducted effectively and efficiently
• Continuously improving audit documentation supporting regular/recurring internal audit engagements – take ownership for standard test plans and regularly review these to ensure they meet jurisdictional requirements for audit testing.
• Represent the IA team at senior governance meetings where the discussion requires a detailed presentation of audit work related to FCC.
• Participate in industry network groups and forums to ensure knowledge base remains relevant and up-to-date across all jurisdictions and product lines related to Paysafe.
• Speaks with authority on Paysafe’s key policies, practices and procedures
• Assesses and fosters the ethical climate of senior management
• Discusses ethical conflicts with Paysafe senior management
Internal Audit Management
• Articulates clear expectations and business goals and links these to Paysafe’s strategy
• Provides opportunities and proactive input in the development and career needs of others
• Manages relationship with third party audit firms when working under co-sourcing model to ensure audit objectives are covered in accordance with the audit plan and budget
Professional Internal Audit Standards (IIA)
• Monitors the effective implementation of the IIA professional audit standards
• Monitors the Internal Audit quality assurance and improvement program to ensure it meet objectives as defined in the Internal Audit Charter, and takes proactive action to address variances, where these arise
Governance, Risk & Control
• Educates senior management on best practices in governance, risk and control
• Contributes to the development of risk-oriented culture within Paysafe
• Has substantial knowledge of industry-specific expertise, trends, risks and strategy
• Communicates effectively to influence senior management on Internal Audit perspective and value of deliverables
• Adept at establishing trust and credibility with different stakeholders, whether these be external, senior management, 2nd line governance functions or first line business functions, to enable audit reports to be produced and audit work to be executed to a high standard with minimal support from CAO
• Utilizes benchmark research to support decisions and key messages
Internal Audit Delivery
• Balances Internal Audit quality and compliance standards, resource constraints and stakeholder demands, to drive on-time audit delivery
Improvement and Innovation
• Champions change, continuous improvement and innovation and supports others in the pursuit of these
• Implements change programs across the Internal Audit function/team
• Identify potential audit engagement issues and suggest any necessary adjustments
• Strong academic record, including bachelor or higher degree equivalent
• Industry-recognised financial crime certification such as ACAMS, ICA/IAFCI.
• 10+ years experience in a senior role in internal audit or a specialist financial crime/compliance role, working within a global financial services function
• Big 4 background
• Experience in a global payments institution
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing a work environment of mutual respect to everyone without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.