Senior Data Engineer
Paysafe (“Paysafe”) (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments.
Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
Our growing fintech payments company is seeking a skilled Data Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing large data sets, building data pipelines, and developing machine learning models to uncover insights and drive business decisions.
What to expect:
- Develop modern data pipelines, data models and ETL processes to support analytics and reporting
- Work with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into data models and analysis
- Design and implement data warehouses and data lakes using AWS/Azure, Databricks, Delta Lake, and Snowflake
- Develop scalable and optimized data processing solutions using Spark
- Build and train machine learning models to provide actionable insights
- Monitor data quality and identify data discrepancies or anomalies
- Provide guidance and expertise to junior members of the team.
To be successful you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering and analysis
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Native databases like Snowflake, AWS/Azure Data Stack, preferably exposure to dbt, Databricks, Delta Lake, and Spark
- Experience with machine learning is a plus
- Strong understanding of data modeling and data warehousing concepts
- Strong SQL knowledge; must be able to write complex SQL queries as part of the data analysis
- Experience with Python or R for data analysis
- Experience with real-time streaming processing technologies (e.g., Apache Flink) will be considered a big plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Excellent English.
We offer in return:
- The opportunity to write the history of a leading and growing multinational company
- Tailor-made training and ongoing development to help you enhance your skills in the field of online payments
- Multiple career progression opportunities in a dynamic in-house business
- Environment where product expertise, professional and personal commitment are rewarded
- Competitive remuneration and social benefits package (25 days annual paid leave, health insurance, sports card, team events, company discounts, variety of soft skills, business and technical training programs)
- Fun and collaborative working atmosphere
- Flexible working model - we encourage our employees to embrace our flexible working approach. You will be expected to work from home and spend an average of three days a week at our Sofia office as part of our hybrid work model.
With offices in USA, EU, and the UK, Paysafe offers individuals an opportunity to join a fast-moving global company with energy, passion and drive, committed to developing world-class online financial solutions.
We take pride in our employees and offer excellent remuneration and benefits, as well as a positive, rewarding and fun work environment.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join our team that is inspired by a unified vision and propelled by passion.
Send your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Wondering how our interview process looks like now? Learn more here: bit.ly/paysafe_interviews
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.