Relationship Manager, Crypto
Paysafe (“Paysafe”) (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
We are seeking a Relationship Manager to join our team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for retaining and growing an allocated portfolio of partners and clients, primarily focused around the developing Web3 space. This is a key role within our Digital assets vertical under the Crypto Account Management team. You will work with all departments including Innovation, Sales, Merchant Operations, IT Development, Product and Risk.
If you are looking for an environment where you can expand your skillset and deepen your expertise within payments and digital wallets working with a market leading product suite in a high performing team, then this could be a great opportunity for you.
Our preference is for the job holder to be based in London so that they can follow our preferred hybrid working model of working remotely while also being able to work an average of three days per week from our office in central London.
· Understand and appreciate the commercial model of each client within your portfolio and highlight all SWOTs to revenue and retention through clear account engagement plans .
· Review, and where necessary discuss and re-negotiate, existing contracts with each client within your portfolio
· Drive growth from the portfolio and achieve revenue targets through effective leadership, consultative support and relationship building in order to contribute to the attainment of the Paysafe sales goals and to avoid account attrition.
· Your portfolio will be split across newly signed Crypto client partners (on / off ramp) and also newly onboarded clients in the Web3 space.
· Collaborate with Innovation, Sales and Marketing to drive new revenue and cross sell opportunities
Communication & Relationship Management
· Build and maintain multi-level relationships within each managed client and ensure that contact points are wide reaching and relevant. Day-to-day contacts as well as senior decision makers. Familiarity with business networking tools is essential
· Provide industry leading, professional service to a book of demanding clients, as well as growing Tier 2 and 3 merchants
· Enhance merchant engagement, maximise revenue and retention
· Responsible for road-mapping their portfolio, executing the roadmap and managing/nurturing organic growth
· Responsible for raising and managing issues and concerns relating to managed accounts on a daily basis, all issues reported must be owned until resolution
· Understand peaks, troughs and anomalies with transactions patterns, specifically around authorisations and declines.
· Convey clear information at all times to clients regarding pricing and fee structures, industry rules and regulations, security and compliance matters, product information and project progress
· Communicate daily with Line Management to discuss progress, new business opportunities and appropriate sales tactics, and actively participate in regular team meetings
· Put in place and regularly update key client plans
· Attend regular account review meetings, ensuring client contact is maintained and all issues are identified, addressed and relationships built and strengthened. Detailed reports to be submitted after each meeting that highlight all SWOT’s
· Responsible for seeking out PR opportunities, references and case studies
· Display a strong understanding of each client’s business model and effectively promote and sell Payments’ solutions in order to grow existing portfolio and help merchants optimise their payment processing activities
· Support Innovation and New Business teams with closing new opportunities
· Constantly hunt out new sales and cross sell opportunities through their portfolio of merchants
· Understand their client’s industry and identify potential new business through competitive analysis
· Day-to-day point of escalation for managed account queries, including answering low-level technical issues
· Work with Technical Support to manage the integration of large clients to the platform
· You will think outside the box, be proactive and constantly question and seek to improve processes and get the best for and out of your clients
· Provide consultancy-like advice about the payments market to clients
· Provide accurate and timely market information on your selected market sector to help drive our future marketing and product strategies
· Feed ideas through the Innovation team
· Minimum 4 years’ client management experience in payments, ideally with an acquirer, card scheme, gaming or similar - proven digital wallets experience would be extremely beneficial
· Clear and evidenced understanding of the market, opportunities and industry trends in Web3, Crypto, DeFi, Blockchain and payments in general, including regulatory requirements
· Highly customer focused with solid experience supporting large complex clients and a proven track record in growing an existing business portfolio as well as achieving and exceeding established revenue targets
· Commercially aware with ability to think strategically and spot new opportunities
· Ability to understand complex pricing and negotiate where required
· Confident presentation style
· Comfortable with handling a high work-load and multi-tasking across differing geographical jurisdictions
· Fluent communicator, able to adjust their written and spoken style to the audience
· Technical/problem solving skills
· Ability to work as part of a very fast paced company/team as well as autonomously
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.