Regulatory Counsel, Licensing
We have an opportunity available for a Regulatory Counsel to provide regulatory support to the Paysafe business globally in the context of obtaining regulatory licences, authorisation and registrations to support the business’ expanding global footprint. In this role you will be working closely and collaboratively with colleagues across the business to advise the business on applicable emoney and payment services licensing and regulatory requirements.
This role will be based either in our office in London or Dublin and you will have the flexibility to split your time between the office and remote working.
- Engage and manage local external counsel for the purpose of Identify and analysing the licensing or registration criteria applicable to the business activity in a particular jurisdiction.
- Supporting the internal strategic decision-making process with clear and comprehensive advice on local law licensing requirements and conditions.
- Leading on the submission of licensing or registration applications including co-ordinating and reviewing multi-disciplinary contributions to the application.
- Innovating the application preparation process to achieve efficiencies and reduce duplication of effort across applications, where possible.
- Managing the application process to meet the agreed timelines.
- Engaging with local regulatory authorities and co-ordinating supplemental information requests.
- Ensuring that robust processes are in place to maintain ongoing licensing conditions and requirements.
- Providing status reports on live applications including delivery of updates to internal Committees and Boards.
- Proactively identify and contribute to the management of regulatory risk.
- Monitoring for regulatory changes that may impact licence applications.
- Draft positions papers, commentary and knowledge sharing materials for internal and external circulation.
- Respond to consultations on proposed regulatory changes and participate in related lobbying activity.
- Represent Paysafe at external meetings including with industry bodies.
- Qualified lawyer with 5+ years' PQE
- Financial services regulation experience gained in a financial institution, regulator or financial services department of a law firm with experience of regulatory licence and registration applications.
- Payments/E-Money industry experience preferred
- Team player with high self-motivation, positive ‘can-do’ attitude and collaborative approach.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex legal issues to multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills including document management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.