Senior Regulatory Counsel
Paysafe (“Paysafe”) (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
Senior Regulatory Counsel
We have an opportunity available for a Senior Regulatory Counsel to provide regulatory support to the Paysafe business globally. In this role you will be working closely and collaboratively with colleagues across the business to advise on applicable emoney and payment services regulation and regulatory guidance.
This role will be based in our office in London and you will have the flexibility to split your time between the office and remote working.
- Identify and analyse regulatory changes and advise internal stakeholders on the effective implementation of those requirement.
- Support and advise business and product teams on applicable regulatory requirements including on the regulatory aspects of new product development and delivery channels.
- Provide regulatory advice to internal teams including Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk, and Finance.
- Manage Paysafe’s relationship with key regulators including preparation/co-ordination of responses to requests for information and participation in supervisory engagement meetings.
- Prepare and deliver periodic reporting to internal Committees and Boards.
- Participate in internal Committees and Working Group on regulatory topics.
- Lead the development of internal policies and procedures to ensure Paysafe continues to meet its regulatory obligations.
- Proactively identify and contribute to the management of regulatory risk.
- Draft positions papers, commentary and knowledge sharing materials for internal and external circulation.
- Respond to consultations on proposed regulatory changes and participate in related lobbying activity.
- Represent Paysafe at external meetings including with industry bodies.
- Qualified lawyer with 7+ years' PQE
- Financial services regulation experience gained in a financial institution, regulator or financial services department of a law firm with experience interacting with the regulatory authorities
- Payments/E-Money industry experience preferred
- Team player with high self-motivation, positive ‘can-do’ attitude and collaborative approach
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex legal issues to multi-disciplinary teams
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.