Paysafe (“Paysafe”) (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
Paysafe is currently seeking a Regulatory Counsel based in our Dublin office.
- Identify and analyse regulatory changes and advise internal stakeholders on the effective implementation of those requirement.
- Support and advise business and product teams on applicable regulatory requirements including on the regulatory aspects of new product development and delivery channels.
- Provide regulatory advice to internal teams including Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk, and Finance.
- Assist with the management of the relationship with key regulators including preparation/co-ordination of responses to requests for information
- Assist with preparation of periodic reporting to internal Committees and Boards.
- Participate in internal Committees and Working Group on regulatory topics.
- Lead the development of internal policies and procedures to ensure Paysafe continues to meet its regulatory obligations.
- Proactively identify and contribute to the management of regulatory risk.
- Draft positions papers, commentary and knowledge sharing materials for internal and external circulation.
- Respond to consultations on proposed regulatory changes and participate in related lobbying activity
- Represent Paysafe at external meetings including with industry bodies.
- Keen interest in regulation
- Knowledge of the online payments landscape
- Strong legal and analytical skills, a quick mind and the ability to assess and understand the impact of regulation on the business
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate regulatory developments to relevant parties in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with high self-motivation, positive 'can-do' attitude and a collaborative approach
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German language ability an advantage
- Ability to effectively manage outside counsel and political advisors
- Willingness to travel
The role will suit a 4+ year PQE lawyer with enthusiasm for working with a major provider of payment services. Ideally you will have:
- experience in the financial services regulatory department of a law firm and/or financial institution
- experience in and understanding of the domestic and international regulation in the field of e-money, payment services or gambling regulation
Location and Travel
The position shall be based in London or Dublin and will require willingness to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing a work environment of mutual respect to everyone without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.