Director, Credit Risk Direct Marketing
Paysafe (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com
Are you ready to make an impact? Join our team that is inspired by a unified vision and propelled by passion.
We are seeking a Director of Credit Risk for our Direct Marketing business. As the Risk Underwriting Leader, you will oversee the operational activities for the Risk and Underwriting function.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify risk and design controls to mitigate, establishing effective procedures
- Formulate and maintain underwriting and risk management documentation and procedures.
- Cultivate a robust culture of risk management, integrating underwriting, monitoring, and portfolio management.
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of specialists in Risk and Underwriting
- Develop monitoring procedures including transactional fraud and compliance.
- Employ advanced analytical skills for independent decision-making in complex scenarios, collaborating with stakeholders and advising on appropriate actions.
- Manage compliance to card-brand & network rules.
- Perform detailed research, including credit, financial, and operational analysis, to evaluate and manage potential risks.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for monitoring and management reporting.
- Maintain transparent communication with internal teams (Finance, Commercial, Operations, Technology, Executive Management) regarding status, issues, and risks.
- Support audit processes and address any findings proactively.
- Provide expertise and support to Business Development, Sales, Product, and Client Success teams.
- At least 10+ years of experience in merchant operations within the payments industry, specifically managing Direct Marketing.
- At least 5 years in a leadership role, managing teams across various risk disciplines including Credit, operational risk, AML/BSA, Info-sec and compliance.
- Demonstrated success in Risk vendor management and relationship building.
- Proficient in analytical and reporting skills, including tools like Excel and Salesforce.
- Knowledgeable in AML, KYC laws, Card-brand rules and industry trends – especially around risk tools & vendors
- Familiarity with Risk Management tools.
- Experience working in a financial institution
Life at Paysafe:
One network. One partnership. At Paysafe, this is not only our business model; this is our mindset when it comes to our team. Being a part of Paysafe means you’ll be one of over 3300 members of a world-class team that drives our business to new heights every day and where we are committed to your personal and professional growth.
Our culture values humility, high trust & autonomy, a desire for excellence and meeting commitments, strong team cohesion, a sense of urgency, a desire to learn, pragmatically pushing boundaries, and accomplishing goals that have a direct business impact.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.