VP Internal Audit
Paysafe (“Paysafe”) (NYSE: PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading payments platform with an extensive track record of serving merchants and consumers in the global entertainment sectors. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of over $130 billion in 2022, and approximately 3,300 employees located in 12+ countries, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 100 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at www.paysafe.com.
The VP Internal Audit drives performance and growth of the Group Internal function by leading global internal audit assurance and advisory activities to achieve the Group Internal Audit objectives, mission and vision.
Group Internal Audit Mission
To protect and grow Paysafe’s value by providing objective, risk-based assurance and insight to the business, enabling it to drive ongoing improvement in governance, risk management and controls
Being an independent, business-focused, function of the highest integrity, that adopts a compliant, collaborative, respectful approach to its work, and is recognised as a critical contributor to a robust, resilient and successful Paysafe through effectively achieving the Audit Mission.
• Along with the CAO, leading and directing the Group Internal Audit function as a trusted assurance provider and advisor that meets the needs of Paysafe and key external stakeholders.
• Owning delivery of the audit plan and advisory outputs for UK & Europe, including maintaining key stakeholder relationships with Paysafe leadership.
• Promoting the highest standards of ethics and standards across Paysafe based on the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality.
• Providing an annual internal audit opinion on Paysafe’s internal control environment.
• Liaising closely with the external auditor and other external stakeholders to share knowledge and to use audit resources most effectively.
• Determining the resources, expertise, qualifications and systems that are required to achieve the Group Internal Audit function’s objectives, mission and vision.
• Ensuring that the professional and personal training needs for Group Internal Audit team members are identified and addressed.
• Developing succession plans and helping Group Internal Audit team members with their career progression.
• Partnering with the Executive Team, Audit Committee and external auditor, as appropriate, to support these stakeholders in acquitting their governance, risk and internal control responsibilities.
• Pioneering transformation activity within the function to enhance capability and efficiency.
• Assesses and fosters the ethical climate of executive management and the Paysafe Board
• Discusses ethical conflicts with executive management and the Paysafe Board as appropriate
• Advocates the Internal Audit function and its value throughout Paysafe
• Sets clear performance standards for the Internal Audit function
• Adjusts the Internal Audit skills mix and diversity according to Paysafe’s objectives and risks
• Establishes recruitment methods that consistently result in competent performers being hired
• Maintains a regularly updated succession planning strategy
• Leads the implementation of the IIA/ISACA professional audit standards
• Ensures the Internal Audit function has access to all systems, processes and people
• Exemplifies and monitors due professional care of the Internal Audit team
• Leads on the development, implementation and review of the Internal Audit Charter and receives approval from the Audit Committee/Paysafe Board
• Ensures the independence of the Internal Audit function
• Establishes and maintains the Internal Audit quality assurance and improvement program
• Discloses non-conformance with the IIA Code of Ethics and professional audit standards to senior management and the Paysafe Board
• Educates executive management and the Paysafe Board on best practices in governance, risk and control
• Maintains a comprehensive insight into Paysafe’s current and emerging risk profile
• Monitors future risk changes to the organisation based on political, economic, social, environment, legal or technology factors and their potential impact
• Demonstrates excellent ability to quickly absorb and synthesise new information, utilising it to increase relevance of the Internal Audit function to Paysafe
• Has extensive knowledge of industry-specific expertise, trends, risks and strategy
• Maintains industry-specific knowledge appropriate to Paysafe
• Maintains a current understanding of the latest global developments, regulatory and legal requirements and assesses relevance to Paysafe
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills in English to enable audit topics and strategic themes to be conveyed concisely, in a focused way of most relevance to the audience
• Delivers information in a structured, clear fashion to foster learning and development of recipients of the information
• Solicits feedback from recipients of audit-provided information to gauge the effectiveness of communication
• Nurtures and builds effective partnerships with executive/senior management internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
• Balances diplomacy with assertiveness
• Shows resilience in difficult situations to push through resistance and then work with stakeholders in a constructive manner
• Leads through influence, personal conviction and sensitivity rather than position
• Uses a range of strategies to build active consensus and support
• Selects and uses appropriate research, business intelligence and problem-solving techniques to analyse and solve complex situations
• Utilises benchmark research to support decisions and key messages
• Ensures the quality of planning and delivery of audit engagements
• Provides assurance and advisory services to executive management and Paysafe Board
• Ensures effective operation of the follow-up process for agreed management actions
• Identifies and escalates strategic implications to Paysafe from audit engagement findings
• Identifies resources needed and addresses limitations for audit engagements
• Drives the maturity of the Internal Audit function to transform its efficiency and effectiveness, to meet the needs of Paysafe as the business grows
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing a work environment of mutual respect to everyone without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.