Talent Acquisition Business Partner
People & HR
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Our People and Culture team is a high energy, high impact group who are enabling all business functions across Pet Circle to grow, develop and support their teams effectively as we continue to scale. We are seeking a resourceful, service oriented talent professional to partner with our diverse leadership team to execute on Pet Circle’s people-based growth plans. You will constantly challenge how we do things and always be looking to attract and secure top talent.
- Work with Hiring Managers across all of our areas including but not limited to Marketing, Finance, Product, Merchandising, Tech, Supply Chain teams to develop comprehensive job descriptions, candidate briefs and best in class interview frameworks
- Provide market insights to your stakeholders to ensure we remain competitive and up to date with talent trends
- Contribute to our workforce planning process and inform stakeholders around strategies to attract, secure and retain top talent in their areas
- Work on end-to-end recruitment across your functional areas and contribute to other hiring when needed to further your knowledge of Pet Circle
- Proactively headhunt and pipeline candidates for future roles. You’ll build and maintain a network of strong talent across all levels (senior leaders through to entry level talent)
- Deliver an exceptional candidate experience, keeping candidates updated on role progress and future opportunities to join the Pet Circle team
-Test innovative ways to source talent. You’ll be thinking outside the box to grow our talent brand in your space
What Success Looks Like
- Time to hire is reduced and internal stakeholders feel the Talent Acquisition function is a trusted business partner
- Candidates are proactively applying to Pet Circle as a result of increased brand awareness and our strong reputation in the market
- You are adding value by sourcing hard to find candidates that are passive in the market
- Talent Acquisition is providing key market insights to the business on a regular basis
- All candidates leave with a positive impression of the Pet Circle Talent Acquisition process, feedback is incredibly positive and we are seen as a desirable employer within the broader eCommerce) industry.
Your Ideal Experience
- Ideally 5 years experience in leading end to end recruitment from brief taking through to candidate placement in a fast moving Ecomms environment.
- Demonstrable experience successfully recruiting across a wide variety of portfolios, with the ability to pick up new areas with ease. Experience in hiring technology professionals is also a bonus, to support where we have overflow. We are a collaborative team, so you must be willing to recruit across all of our business functions
- Apatable and motivated: You’ll be able to pivot on a dime and always eager to take on more. You’ll be comfortable stepping outside your comfort zone to help secure top talent in any area across our dynamic teams.
- Outcomes driven: You will be focused on achieving incredible talent results, building high performance teams, enabling our business to push boundaries and shape an industry.
- System savvy: you are very quick to learn new systems and tools (e.g. ATS platforms, LinkedIn and candidate databases, HR software) and continuously strive to automate and improve the recruitment process
- Problem solver and comfortable in a fast, changing environment: you will bring a creative approach to sourcing for candidate short roles, you will have worked creatively across LinkedIn, industry-specific job boards, referral networks or events to source top talent
- Humble, practical, can-do attitude: you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to support the People & Culture team and the wider business with ad hoc projects
- Naturally energetic and enthusiastic: you inspire and motivate those around you
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position.
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 2 days in our pet friendly offices and the remaining working from home.
As part of your working from home arrangement we will provide you with IT hardware and an office allowance to support your home set up. #LI-Hybrid
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
- Culture first. Every time.
- We live and breathe our values of Better Together, Pets Matter, Instinctively Curious and Humble Hearts, Hungry Minds. Values alignment is super important to us - you’ll notice this through our recruitment process.
- A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
- We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people. We also offer generous parental leave for those exciting new life adventures!
- Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
- Pet better with our generous employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave for your furry family.
- Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support through our communities through team charity volunteer days
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team are highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.
See more open positions at Pet Circle
Something looks off?