Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Reporting to our Planning Manager, you will work as part of our Supply Chain team focusing on inventory and supply planning across all of our different pet categories. You will work cross-functionally with our fulfilment, commercial and business management teams and will learn how different parts of our business interact with each other to achieve our common company goal: going above and beyond for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
• Ensure smooth facilitation of goods from our supply base into the FC.
• Internal: Key involvement in the S&OP function.
• External: Owning the performance and relationship management and development of suppliers from a supply chain perspective.
• External: Fostering partnerships with all external and internal stakeholders to promote trust within the end to end planning process and increase awareness of the value proposition of a well run demand and inventory function.
• Form strong working relationships with other areas of the business with a focus on category, planning and the warehouse.
• Maintain good working relationships with your Manager, your peers and subordinates.
• Creation and completion of supplier plans related to improving performance from a supply chain perspective.
• Ensure daily demand is placed on the suppliers.
• Develop and implement demand strategies.
• Active monitoring and evaluation of the OOS report.
• Provide and implement recommendations and actions to ensure we address OOS causes.
• Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in real-time.
• Manage workflow processes, timing and ensure replenishment activities are efficient.
Your Ideal Skills & Experience
• Highly motivated, action-oriented individual who is ready to take on responsibility and make independent decisions.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be hands on to achieve outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with others, both internally and externally.
• High level attention to detail, planning, organisational and administrative skills with demonstrated effectiveness in developing systems, processes and procedures to prioritise tasks and ensure achievement of goals and meet deadlines.
• Advanced Excel skills and exposure to ERP/Planning tools (ideally NetSuite/Anaplan or Relex)
• Experience in using data driven analysis to identify and solve problems.
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based 2 days in our fulfilment centre in Eastern Creek NSW 2766, 1 day in our CBD head office, and the remaining working from home.
As part of your working from home arrangement we will provide you with IT hardware and an office allowance to support your home set up.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position.
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• Culture first. Every time.
• We live and breathe our values of Better Together, Pets Matter, Instinctively Curious and Humble Hearts, Hungry Minds. Values alignment is super important to us - you’ll notice this through our recruitment process.
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people. We also offer generous parental leave for those exciting new life adventures!
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
• Pet better with our generous employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave for your furry family.
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support through our communities through team charity volunteer days
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team are highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.
See more open positions at Pet Circle
Something looks off?