VP Planning and Inventory
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together. We make buying pet supplies and pet food online easy and convenient. Over the past twelve years, we’ve grown to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce and No.1 in the Online Pet industry. We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started.
As the pet industry continues to grow, and our pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before, Pet Circle will continue to thrive. As a venture backed company, we have big goals for growth. We’ve scaled incredibly quickly and this is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of an exceptional growth story.
We are seeking a data-driven leader with strong analytical and planning experience in supply chain, inventory management, vendor management and network optimisation. Our VP Planning and Inventory should be able to lead in a fast paced, high growth environment and motivate others to innovate in a highly customer-focused and growth-driven culture. You will own both, the longer term Planning and network replenishment strategy driving execution in partnership with our Category and Supply Chain teams.
• Communicate strategy and status of the demand planning and inventory function to senior executives and partners/stakeholders across Pet Circle.
• Develop and lead a high-performing team across supply and demand planning.
• Inventory management and demand planning process and tools evaluation and implementation.
• Defining, operationalising then owning the overseas sourcing strategy including consolidation of Inventory at major sources such as China.
• Defining, operationalising then owning how Inventory flows through the network from both domestic sources and international sources. The network being defined as our national footprint of 5 major city fulfilment centres.
• Overall planning remit, including working capital and stock days. Inventory management across the warehouse network including ownership of the replenishment model from a major fulfilment centre to other fulfilment centres.
• Strong focus on longer term forecasts and a focus on optimal stock holding in each location.
• Define and execute a multi-year Planning strategy.
• End to end delivery of key transformational projects with effective problem solving of key business questions and project management / overseeing multiple projects to build and deliver a world class Planning and Inventory Strategy.
• Identify business risks and opportunities, while recommending action plans to cross-functional teams improve inventory availability and inventory health.
• Develop and implement the long-term strategy and vision for scaling our Fulfillment Planning systems to support the business growth and vision.
• Partner with our Supply Chain, Category, and Technology teams to drive systematic purchasing and inventory management improvements at all levels of the business.
You in the Broader Business
• Take ownership of solving business problems, even when not squarely in your remit.
• Promote strong cross-functional collaboration to work on opportunities that sit between teams. And always, prioritise business over functional goal and collaborate with other Business Leaders to support and learn.
• Lead cross functional projects requiring a Supply Chain perspective (eg. out of stocks).
• Embody creativity to continuously learn and develop our understanding of the current and future customer; applying that customer insight to the evolution of the brand and concepts.
• Be drawn to a challenge, always. Take a data lead approach to problem solving and decision making.
• Utilise first principles thinking - focus on essential information, find the root-cause and ask ‘why?’. A learning mindset is a must.
• Coach, mentor and grow talent to thrive within the business. You understand what good talent looks like and allow autonomy within boundaries.
• Design integrated solutions that are scalable, long term assets.
Your Ideal Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Economics, Business Planning, or related field) or equivalent work experience.
• At least 8 years’ of proven experience in Merchandise Planning / Demand Planning.
• Excellent understanding of supply chain operations and systems.
• Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
• Strong meeting and group facilitation skills.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Proven track record to quickly assess situations, identify problems, and offer clear and concise plans to resolve them.
• Capability to work well under pressure and to adapt quickly to change.
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will operate on a hybrid working arrangement with a mixture of WFH, our Western Sydney HQ and CBD office. As part of your working from home arrangement we will provide you with IT hardware and an office allowance to support your home set up. #LI-Hybrid
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position.
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• Culture first. Every time. Our values of Better Together, Pets Matter, Instinctively Curious and Humble Hearts, Hungry Minds, mean the world to us!
• We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people. For new parents, we offer generous leave for primary and secondary carers.
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day. This includes things like Recharge Days and a discounted ClassPass subscription.
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support through our communities through team charity volunteer days.
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.
See more open positions at Pet Circle
Something looks off?