Marketing & Communications
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
The Pet Circle Brand and Creative team is a skilled group of designers, brand marketers and creatives, working to elevate the shopping experience for pet families across Australia - we are looking for our next creative powerhouse to join our growing team. We are looking for someone to work with us on a Full Time basis.
Are you an experienced creative photographer/videographer who is passionate about inspiring customers through visually compelling marketing content? Have you developed brand films, video-based advertising for YouTube, social and display, love developing storyboards and working with Art Directors on concepts and scripts? And most importantly, have you led filming from concept development through to post production and final dispatch? If that sounds like you, then you may be the right fit for our Creative Content Photographer / Videographer role based in Sydney.
As a Creative Content Photographer / Videographer you will be responsible for building out our in-house video and photography capabilities. You will work with a dedicated team of creatives, across art direction, design, social and brand, to develop our video strategy, supporting our customer acquisition objectives. This will include developing monthly shoot schedules, concepting, script development, and running full production. Working closely with channel managers, PR and Influencer team, external agencies, our People and Culture team, you will own the end-to-end still and motion creative content for Pet Circle. Reporting to the Brand Director, and working closely with senior marketers, you will craft a visual identity for Pet Circle, to help us realise our vision of becoming the destination for all pet parents across Australia.
We’re looking for someone who can lead video filming and editing, motion-graphics as well as stills-photography.
• Own the monthly shoot production plan, including conceptual development, shooting, editing and dispatch, to support customer acquisition and brand awareness strategy
• Develop photography / motion visual direction for Pet Circle, including end frames and sonic branding, together with Brand Director and Design Manager
• Develop monthly stills and motion photography shoots to support organic social media, working with Social and PR teams on idea generation for Instagram, across posts and Reels and TikToks
• Lead all motion graphics work, whether from owned or supplied visuals
• Support creation of visual content to support internal communications, including industry facing hype reels and LinkedIn content
• Have a knack for quickly understanding how a product works and why a customer would love it
• In-depth understanding of how to shoot for different channels, different customers and different objectives
• Flexible and adaptable, to adjust visual direction to meet all briefs
• Deep experience in video editing and dispatch ideally experienced in both stills and motion photography
• Understanding of photography setup for studio or lifestyle shoots. Flexible approach to shoot a range of outputs including in-studio flat-lay, to outdoor video with pets
• Deep understanding of motion-graphics for paid advertising channels
• Shoot production skills, with a strong freelance network of assistant, stylists and other supporting functions
• The ability to work independently and efficiently whilst maintaining a strong level of quality and attention to detail
• Strong written communication skills are a must
Awesome Looks Like…
• Demonstrated creative filming experience with a minimum of 3 years paid experience
• Previous experience in lifestyle, retail / eCommerce experience highly regarded Work collaboratively with the wider marketing and agency teams to ensure effective campaign integration
• Candidates will be requested to provide a portfolio of photo and video work to support their application.
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 2+ days in our pet friendly city offices and the remainder working from home.
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• We’re Better Together
• We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
• We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
• We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What Else is in it For You?
• Pet better with our generous employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave for your furry family
• We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people. For new parents, we offer generous leave for primary and secondary carers.
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day. This includes things like Recharge Days and a discounted ClassPass subscription.
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support through our communities through team charity volunteer days
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.