Data Analyst (Contract)
IT, Data Science
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together.
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover and shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Our position as a leading pet specialty retailer relies heavily on data-driven strategies, making data an integral part of our decision-making process. With a vast and diverse dataset at our disposal, there are endless opportunities to leverage data insights that truly drive business growth and make a meaningful impact to our customers. We're not just stopping at traditional data management, though; Pet Circle is leaning into innovation with our adoption of cutting-edge data platforms, including Big Query and Google Dataplex, enhancing our analytical capabilities. Moreover, our ongoing commitment to data governance reflects our dedication to maintaining the highest standards of data integrity and compliance, ensuring that our data team can contribute to a responsible and forward-thinking approach in shaping the future of eCommerce.
This is a 10 month contract role covering a period of parental leave.
• Utilise your advanced proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets and BI tools (ours is Looker) to analyse and interpret complex data sets, providing actionable insights to drive business decisions.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve business challenges using data-driven approaches.
• Query databases using SQL language to extract and retrieve relevant data for analysis.
• Take part in the company wide data governance program, representing the team and working with stakeholders to ensure their needs are met.
• Take an active role in metadata management and data quality checks as part of the data governance framework.
• Triage, manage and execute BAU requests as they are received via support channels.
Your Ideal Skills and Experience
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Engineering, or other quantitative discipline field
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience in analytics or business intelligence roles.
• Proficient knowledge in using SQL, GCP, Excel. Experience in BI tools, like Looker would be an advantage. Experience in R and Python is advantageous but not required.
• Proven ability to leverage a large dataset, perform in-depth analysis, and present the data and findings that are easily understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
• Autonomous, reliable, with excellent communication skills.
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 2 days in our pet friendly CBD offices and the remainder working from home (or the office, if you prefer!)
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• We’re Better Together
• We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
• We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
• We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What else is in it for you?
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people.
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
• Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.