New Venture Lead
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Are you passionate about pets and their well-being? Are you ready to dive into an industry where health-conscious choices for our furry companions are taking the spotlight? We are building an exciting new business to consumer venture and are looking for a Founder to bring it to life.
This is a unique opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles and build a business with the backing of a hugely successful Pet business. You’ll be performance-led while creative and be both hands on and strategic. This new venture will primarily be built separately from the core Pet Circle infrastructure and will challenge its Founder to understand when to leverage Pet Circle assets, when to build independently and when to leverage 3rd party capabilities.
• Responsibility for the development and launch of the new business from inception to market leadership
• Own the end to end customer experience (online and offline) and the brand think, look and feel
• P+L, results and growth targets
• Own the business strategy and lead key cross business and 3rd party relationships
• Develop, report and track key goals milestones
• Continuously improve the offering and the experience for pet parents
Your Experience and Key Characteristics
• You are a dog lover! You have owned dogs before (or have been very close to them) and are exceptionally passionate about giving them the very best quality of life
• You have a high learning appetite with the ability to flex between topics and absorb new knowledge quickly
• You have built something before; this might be a side hustle, a business, an app or an initiative (in a professional capacity or outside of work)
• You’re interested (and potentially experienced) in how to bring a brand to life. You have your finger on the pulse in terms of creative branding, what is trending in the market and what makes pet customers tick
• You balance creative and performance marketing, knowing when to reinvest
• Self-motivated with strong project management skills; you’re organised, highly driven and able to set and work to your own deadlines
• Gravitas to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of functions, senior leaders and third parties to achieve exceptional outcomes
• Humble leadership and collaboration style; you inspire by doing and are willing to seek out and receive advice and input from others
• Adept at using data to inform decision making; from quantitative industry and consumer data to customer research and other qualitative data points
• You are hands on and enjoy working through problems. You have a preference to do the work rather than outsource
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 3 days in our pet friendly CBD offices and the remainder working from home (or the office, if you prefer!)
• We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re an innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• We’re Better Together
• We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
• We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
• We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What else is in it for you?
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
• Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
• We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.