Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
About the Opportunity
We have a new role for a Quality Engineer to join our QA team. Not only will you assist us in maintaining and improving the overall quality of our product offering, but you will also champion our high standard of quality assurance and ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional experience to all of our users. As a member of our QA team, your opinion and ideas are valued and you will have the opportunity to grow with us as a company and make impactful decisions.
As a Quality Engineer, working in alignment with our experienced Engineers & Product team, you will:
- Propose improvements in test systems / processes to improve quality or speed of testing
- Adding automation scripts to the existing Automation Suite
- Track performance and run performance reviews for the team
- Establish and own QA performance metrics
- Triage test failures
- Identify test gaps and improve test plans
- Perform manual testing of new features and bug fixes
- Guide team in terms of test execution and review/audit the work done to ensure completeness
- Design test scenario to test the required outcome of the design and ensuring the system remains fully functional
- Ensure all deviation from actual design are recorded in the tracking tool and are followed up
- Understand and negotiate with relevant stakeholders on identifying the severity and follow up until issues found are closed
- Identify potential problems that end user might encounter and make suggestion on improvements required
- Provide input / contribute to development / maintenance of automated test scripts
- Prepare and maintain all QA documentation such as Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Metrics, Issues List and relevant records
- Design, develop and implement test automation scripts and framework
- Conduct functional, regression, performance, ETL and end-to-end testing of new application releases and change requests
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases, scripts, and other Continually strive to improve on reliability, function, and performance for end-users, by actively seeking to identify and eliminate issues impacting the platform
- 3-5+ years of experience in a software quality assurance capacity with the ability to understand, develop and execute test strategies and plans
- Experience writing automation in Typescript + Node.js
- Experience performing functional, usability, and accessibility testing on native mobile and web
- Ability to analyse and correlate test failures
- Passion for improving quality of everything, including deployment, security, stability and performance or any other aspect of engineering Familiarity with cloud architecture and cloud networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with Knowledge of designing, implementing and maintaining highly scalable, configurable and robust quality engineering solutions
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools
- Functional and performance API Testing (Eg, REST)Understanding of SQL and ability to execute SQL queries to verify application
- Experience participating in setup of test automation as part of CI/CD pipelines
- You will be able to identify and demonstrate your experience in optimising and quality assurance processes
- Ability to work in cross functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life cycle
- You will be able to work and communicate well with a team of software developers, product managers, and designers
- Knowledge of cross-browser testing and user interface testing technique
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a hybrid working arrangement.
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
We’re Better Together
We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
We’re Instinctively Curious. Always.
What else is in it for you?
A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities! We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people.
Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.