About Prometheus Group
Prometheus Group is a team of self-starters centered on being resourceful, accountable, and results-focused. Career progress is based on merit and not years of service or attaining certifications. Our drive and dedication to creating great products for our global customers are at the heart of all we do! In joining Prometheus, you will become a part of the largest global provider of comprehensive enterprise asset management (EAM) software solutions that support the management life cycle for equipment maintenance and operations.
Software Developers are responsible for developing and maintaining Prometheus Group software at a high level. The Software Developer aides a Development Manager by locally managing certain projects, or temporarily filling the above position when the situation deems it necessary.
- Ideation process in designing new features or fixes for outstanding issues.
- Development process in writing source code to implement the design (guided by their supervisor).
- Recording features and issues in an online team-managed issue tracking tool (JIRA).
- Quality testing process in determining the negative impacts of the implementation.
- Maintain the outcome of their work in the development tracking system (JIRA).
- Support the Professional Services team when engaged.
- Management of development projects.
- Estimation of software development time.
- Assist other team members in areas of expertise.
- Review code of other developers.
Skills and Experience:
1-4 years of experience in...
- web application development with React OR 2-4 years working on a REST API with Java or C#
- Proficiency with object-oriented programming
- XAML, XML (ABAP is a plus)
- Databases(SQL)- relational database concepts (keys, indexes, constraints, writing simple queries)
- SOA (REST/SOAP)- understanding of general best REST practices/SOAP requirements
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, XCode, Android Studio IDEs
- Strong understanding of source control systems (specifically Git)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Entity Framework
- Spring Framework
- ORM (Object Relational Mapping) Concepts
We offer an attractive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our teammates:
- Employee base HSA plan, dental, life and short-term disability coverage 100% paid for by Prometheus Group
- HSA & FSA plan options
- Retirement Savings with Generous Company Match & Immediate Vesting
- Gym membership to O2 Fitness
- Casual dress attire
- Half-Day Fridays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company Outings, Trips & Activities
Prometheus Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.