Cloud Deployment Specialist
The Prometheus Cloud Delivery team is responsible for managing all activities related to delivering to Prometheus Group customers sold Software as a Service solutions. As a part of the Cloud Delivery team Deployment Specialists are responsible for deploying well architected, highly available, resilient, and secure application stacks within the Prometheus Group cloud fabric. The ideal candidate will be passionate about a delivery role as well as working with a diverse team of people that are specialized in carrying out the necessary tasks required to deliver and support Prometheus Group customers.
- Work as a part of the cloud application deployment team to deploy SaaS based applications in the AWS hosted environments.
- Pro-actively identify problems and/or gaps in deployed applications and infrastructure and develop and/or coordinate with other IT teams for preventive measures.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Identify ways to resolve common issues by developing and deploying automation to respond to common human interactions.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" and “observability” in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- · Bachelors in computer science or equivalent industry experience.
- · At least 3 years of working experience as a software developer, AWS cloud engineer, or AWS infrastructure engineer.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience managing Kubernetes clusters hosting Docker containers.
- 2-3 years of hand-on experience managing and troubleshooting Linux servers.
- 2-3 years of automation experience in Terraform, Python, or Ansible.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience working with Remote Monitoring and Logging tools, including but not limited to Dynatrace and Pingdom.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Developers, IT Operations, and Engineers.
- Knowledge of data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics.
- Kubernetes Certified Administrator or related certification a plus.
- Experience with Python or comparable scripting language for systems automation
- Configuration Management automation
- AWS Associate level certification or related certification
Work Hard. Play Hard. Prometheus Group is a team made up of self-starters – a culture centered on being resourceful, accountable, and results-focused. At the heart of all we do is our drive and dedication to creating great products for our global customers! In joining the Prometheus family, you become a part of the largest global provider of comprehensive enterprise asset management software solutions that works to support the management life cycle for maintenance and operations.
Aside from being passionate about customers and tech, there are tons of reasons to be a part of a high growth, international software company. You get to work alongside a group of fun-loving, hard-working people who enjoy winning as a team! A few other perks of joining a magical team:
- Excellent Working Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Flex Fridays
- Company Events
- Career Progression
We also offer an attractive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our teammates:
- Health Insurance
- Gym Memberships
- Half-Day Fridays
- Company Outings, Trips & Activities
Join one of the fastest growing tech companies! We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in welcoming people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives; it is what makes Prometheus Group stronger.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Australia and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.