Cyber Security Analyst
Title: Cybersecurity Analyst
Reports to: IT Director
The Cybersecurity Analyst is expected to provide top-tier security and compliance analysis for a rapidly growing software company with a global presence. They will be responsible for maintaining company-wide security and compliance standards. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of common Cybersecurity best practices and compliance methodologies. The Cybersecurity Analyst will report in person to our Raleigh, NC office.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Prometheus Group's policies and procedures for information security.
- Design and/or conduct security risk assessments
- Build and maintain the controls matrix in alignment with multiple compliance frameworks and standards.
- Support key business initiatives by identifying security and compliance related risks.
- Assist with various internal and external audits, and their responses and remediation efforts - including coordinating with vendors for external penetration testing campaigns.
- Ensuring internal compliance across multiple departments are executed in a timely manner.
- Safeguards information system assets by working with IT to identify potential and actual security problems.
- Understand impact of vendor assessments and assist with Prometheus Group's vendor management program.
- Communicate to senior management, through reports, presentations, metrics and other documentation, any compliance and status reports or cybersecurity issues and risks identified.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains technical knowledge by keeping up with new security trends and best practices.
- Assist with managing governance in relation to SOC 2 and ISO 27001 controls and related business workflows
Skills and Experience
- Fundamental understanding of Information Technology Security concepts and systems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information as it pertains to compliance-related functions and regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills to conduct productive communication and to effectively present oral and written communications.
- Ability to follow instruction and to work both independently and within a team environment.
We offer an attractive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our teammates:
- Employee base HSA plan, dental, life and short-term disability coverage 100% paid for by Prometheus Group
- HSA & FSA plan options
- Retirement Savings with Generous Company Match & Immediate Vesting
- Gym membership to O2 Fitness
- Casual dress attire
- Half-Day Fridays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company Outings, Trips & Activities
Prometheus Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Seniority Level
- Entry level
- Software Development
- Employment Type
- Job Functions