The Prometheus group is a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a passion for innovation and a commitment to delivering top-notch solutions to our clients. We pride ourselves on our talented team, collaborative work environment, and dedication to excellence. We are looking for a motivated and driven PLSQL Developer to join our team and help us continue our journey of success.
Proven experience as a Software Developer with experience in Oracle database, PLSQL, Oracle functions, procedures, triggers, packages.
- Develop, debug and maintain application in an Oracle environment.
- Maintain best practice development standards and maximize reusable code.
- Responsible for the identification and documentation of system requirements to enable the Technical Team to deliver the appropriate solution for successful transformation.
- Participate in the development and execution of the user acceptance test plans, as well as schedule testing of the applications and upgrades/new code implementations.
- Create new documentation and processes as needed to help refine, optimize, and/or to establish best practice development standards.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline Or 6 or professional experience.
- 3 to 5 years Oracle database experience including database design, upgrades and performance tuning.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Oracle database experience with versions 12c and higher.
- Knowledge on Oracle database on SQL.
- Database design, optimization, and tuning (Optional).
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with Advanced PL/SQL.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient SQL scripting skills including stored procedure, functions, and DDL.
Display a good understanding of both the RDBMS and the underlying operating system including but not limited to:
- Database performance tuning, replication, monitoring tools and tuning procedures.
- Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand impact of problem on overall database performance.
- Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes.
- Strong skills in maintenance tools and best practices processes.
- Ability to work well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Successful experience as a member of a project group.
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team or independently in rapid environment.
- Ability to independently provide time estimates for APEX related tasks.
- Data modeling, data entity analysis, and database design skills may be required.
We offer an attractive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our teammates:
- Excellent Working Environment.
- A Modern office with a view (and free drinks and snacks!).
- Casual Dress Code.
- Beer & Pizza Thursdays.
- Half-day Fridays (because who doesn't love a long weekend...EVERY weekend!).
- Career Progression and Alternate Pathways.
- Reimbursements for your Gym Membership AND Health Insurance.
- Company Outings, Trips & Events/Activities.
How to apply:
If you think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you! Hit that apply button to start a conversation about your career today Or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is an on-site opportunity at our Brisbane office and applicants must have permanent residency or citizenship status to qualify.