San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
A Director of FP&A to join the finance team who will play a lead role in the financial management and budget oversight for the organization. This role will be responsible for managing the creation and maintenance of all models and tools that support both the various department leads, as well as providing analytics and new insights in order to be a thought partner to senior management.
A successful candidate will have an extensive modeling background, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and deep FP&A experience. This role will also need to be effective in communicating with senior management, consistent in bringing new insights to the table, while continuing to deliver on standard duties.
Problems You Will Solve
- Own (develop, maintain and update) short and long term financial models
- Lead and mentor a team of 3
- Deliver insights through the use of alternate scenarios and analytics
- Continually benchmark unit and overall economics vs competitors
- Produce monthly/quarterly reporting of actuals compared to forecasts/budgets and reforecast the business monthly
- Drive the annual forecast and quarterly 409a processes
- Seek out areas where we can improve existing efficiencies
- Be a strategic thought partner and drive decision making by providing solid financial analysis for new initiatives and projects
- BS in Accounting/Finance, related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in FP&A, investment banking or equivalent
- Financial Services experience required
- Highly skilled in Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to translate complex business concepts into financial models
- Strong analytical skills with a clear understanding of GAAP accounting
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and mentor other team members
- Demonstrated high degree of accuracy and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and adhere to firm deadlines
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Passionate about building new capabilities
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.