Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
About Our Technology Team
We are growing our Technology team to support our various financial products. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
We are seeking an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to play a key role in our cloud migration journey, with a specific focus on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The ideal candidate will have a strong background in DevOps practices, cloud infrastructure, and extensive experience in migrating applications to GCP. In addition, the candidate should be proficient in implementing canary deployment strategies to ensure seamless and risk-free releases.
Problems You Will Solve
- Execute the migration of on-premises applications and workloads to GCP.
- Automate the provisioning and configuration of GCP resources to support scalable and efficient infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and manage canary deployment strategies for applications on GCP.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate canary deployments into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Set up robust monitoring and logging systems to track the performance and health of applications on GCP.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
All About You
- 8+ years DevOps experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Previous working experience with cloud infrastructure, GCP is preferred.
- Previous working experience with infrastructure as code tool, Terraform is preferred.
- Previous working experience with continuous integration/delivery pipeline, GitHub Action is preferred.
- Previous working experience with containerization orchestration technologies, i.e. Docker and Kubernetes.
- Previous working experience with canary deployment implementation.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems.
- Previous working experience with one of the following scripting languages, i.e. Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
- Knowledge in Agile methodology.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.