Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Prosper is seeking a Data Scientist for the Data Science team under our Credit Risk Analytics vertical. You will become a core contributor with machine learning expertise on the credit risk team and deliver results that directly impact our business.
Problems You Will Solve
- Build industry-leading machine learning models for managing credit and fraud risks
- Leverage multiple complex data sources such as credit bureau reports and customer supplied information at large scale to optimize approve/decline and credit line assignment decisions
- Collaborate with engineers to deploy your models into a production environment
- Propose and execute solutions to various problems within business constraints
- Use responsible AI technique following regulatory requirements and lending best practices
- Help the team with developing tools and workflow solutions to increase data science productivity
- Actively monitor the credit risk models in production
- Extract the most value out of data to significantly impact our key business metrics
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of machine learning algorithms and features through various data sources
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis related to risk management, investor services, operations and corporate development
- 2-3 years of work experience in fintech, finance, or other high impact field applying statistical and machine learning predictive techniques (educational experience taken into consideration). Consumer lending experience in unsecured personal loan or credit card is a plus.
- Advanced degree (M.S./PhD) preferably in statistics, computer science, engineering, physical sciences, economics, or related technical field
- Expert knowledge in one of the statistical programming languages such as Python, and database languages such as SQL
- Solid understanding of coding best practices and model documentation
- Strong communication skills – ability to clearly and succinctly communicate technical subject matter to other team members and senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborate with people across functions and develop strong relationships
- Ability to work unsupervised in fast-paced environment and prioritize among parallel projects
- Ability to think within regulatory guidelines with a mindset toward reproducible research
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts.
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $25 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.