Senior Corporate Systems Engineer, Security & Compliance
Software Engineering, Legal
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
We are seeking an experienced Senior Corporate Systems Engineer specializing in cloud infrastructure management, identity/access management, and PCI compliance. The role demands expertise in security and compliance configuration, proficiency with Atlassian development tools, a comprehensive understanding of modern IT systems and Identity and access management. This role will act as the direct liaison between our Corporate IT and Information Security teams. Experience in fintech, finance, or highly compliant environments is preferred.
This role will require you to be present in our San Francisco office two days a week on Wednesdays & Thursdays. Our office is located at 221 Main Street, San Francisco California.
Problems You Will Solve
- Act as the direct liaison between Corporate IT and Information Security
- PCI Compliance Focus: Ensure all systems and processes are in strict adherence to PCI DSS & SOC 2. Regularly review, provide evidence and update security measures to maintain compliance.
- Atlassian Cloud Suite Expertise: Oversee Atlassian software tools, including Jira and Confluence, aligning them with project management and collaborative requirements
- Identity and Access Management: Work with a team of IT Engineers to configure, manage, and optimize Okta solutions for robust identity and access management across systems
- Infrastructure Design and Maintenance: Develop and sustain scalable and secure IT infrastructure, emphasizing reliability, redundancy, and scalability; specifically in Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Automation and Optimization: Leverage automation tools for improved system efficiencies. Optimize cloud and identity management resources
- Security and Compliance Management: Configure and enforce security compliance policies and procedures. Ensure comprehensive compliance with industry standards, including PCI DSS and SOC 2
- Troubleshooting and Technical Support: Provide high-level technical support, solving complex issues in infrastructure, cloud services, identity/access management, and compliance
- Team Collaboration and Leadership: Collaborate with various teams to support organizational IT goals. Mentor junior staff and share expert knowledge
All About You
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in IT security, IT systems engineering, and IT compliance, or 6+ years of experience with a Masters degree
- Strong knowledge of various security frameworks (e.g., PCI, SOC, NIST, & CIS) and compliance regulations
- Experience with security tools and technology configuration, (e.g., vulnerability management, next gen antivirus, zero trust implementation)
- Experience with Identity and access management (e,g,. OneLogin, Okta)
- Management and configuration of infrastructure systems (AWS, GCP)
- Proficient in incident response and handling
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts
About Our Technology Team
We are growing our Technology team to support our various financial products. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.