Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
We are seeking a Compliance Specialist to assist the company’s compliance department in administering its regulatory compliance program. The role will report directly to the Director of Compliance, but support the Senior Compliance Specialists in the maintenance of their respective Compliance Programs.
Problems You Will Solve
- Utilize extensive knowledge of consumer lending compliance laws to support the management and execution of the compliance program and ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Handle both proactive and reactive needs arising from identified issues, changing regulatory environments and potential emerging risks.
- Support the compliance testing and monitoring function and work with business lines to prepare remediation plans of identified issues.
- Support the marketing compliance reviews for the personal loan, credit card and home equity suite of products.
- Support the compliance third party oversight program.
- Assist with the review of training materials to ensure compliance with consumer finance laws.
- Support partner relationships, including working directly with Prosper’s bank partners to facilitate review and approval of company policies.
- Assist in internal and external audit responses, investigations, and validations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in regulatory compliance for a financial services company, FinTech company, or government agency
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal financial statutes and regulations (e.g. TILA and Reg. Z, ECOA and Reg. B, UDAAP, Dodd-Frank, SCRA, MLA, FCRA, BSA, FDCPA, etc.)
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate findings, identified issues and remediation plans
- Ability to work independently and identify and focus on critical issues
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to prioritize, balance, and respond to competing needs within the organization
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and service-oriented
- Basic SQL understanding a strong plus
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k), paid parental leave, and other wellness benefits
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
- The ability to work remotely in the United States
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $25 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.