Senior Manager, Application Security
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Prosper is seeking an experienced Application Security Senior Manager to lead our Application Security program. This individual will lead, mentor, and manage a team of senior security engineers and report to the Head of Information Security. This role is responsible for setting organizational direction by identifying technical priorities, managing expectations, and working with relevant stakeholders to deliver next-generation application security services. We are looking for smart, self-driven candidates who want to be part of an innovative FinTech company with a mission to improve the financial well-being of its customer.
Problems You Will Solve
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define a multiyear application security roadmap and lead its implementation effectively with DevOps and Engineering partners
- Be accountable for the security of any internal or external solutions or products
- Integrate threat modeling, security tools & testing (SAST, SCA, DAST, IAST, etc.), and secure by design processes into the SDLC (CI/CD pipeline)
- Perform security architecture reviews for major product changes; assure new products and services are designed in alignment with security standards, while assessing and driving security enhancements across existing solutions
- Engage with vendors to perform web app and mobile penetration testing
- Develop and mentor your team, driving the vision for excellence
- Establish strong relationships with DevOps and Engineering teams
- Develop security metrics and performance metrics to assess the health of the program
- Drive continuous improvement activities, and deepen leadership awareness of product and application security risks
- Revitalize security champions program, build secure development standards & train developers on secure coding practices
- Validate, analyze, and (appropriately) prioritize application vulnerabilities; drive associated remediation efforts
- Manage and respond to product and application security alerts leading the team through high severity operational incidents
- 10+ years of progressive application security experience (prior software development experience preferred)
- Prior people leadership experience (3+ years) with the ability to lead, manage, and develop a technical Application Security Engineering team
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to foster constructive dialogue
- Deep technical knowledge with a track record of successful execution in application security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience
- Strong working knowledge of at least two programming or scripting languages
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts.
About Our Technology Team
We are growing our Technology team to support our various financial products. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $23 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.