Credit Risk Manager - Credit Card
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Join Prosper’s Credit Risk Management team, a fast-paced, collaborative team, that uses analytical tools, cutting edge data and techniques to develop credit and fraud strategies that drive automated credit decisions in Prosper’s online marketplace.
A successful Credit Risk Manager at Prosper can apply advanced statistical techniques, algorithms, and industry tools to develop solutions that predict and prevent credit risk associated with Prosper's Personal Loan and Credit Card products. The ideal candidate should possess strong hands-on analytical skills and a passion for solving problems in innovative, effective ways. The faster, more agile risk strategies keep our marketplace competitive and ensure that we continue to deliver on our mission of advancing financial well-being.
Problems You Will Solve
- Develop credit strategies to improve the credit performance by leveraging data, machine learning models and advanced analytics tools to optimize risk decisions
- Bring innovative/out of the box thinking to make recommendations and to approaching/solving problems
- Design A/B tests and understand the risk-return trade-offs
- Lead the efforts to manage card portfolio sustainably by reducing loss and grow healthy balance
- Partner with Marketing, Engineering, Business operation teams and external vendors to implement strategies and monitor the strategy performance
- Continue to innovate by testing new data, analytics approaches and models
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis related to risk management, investor services, product, and operations
- Analyze portfolio performance at a granular segment level on an ongoing basis. Identify trends and conduct root-cause analysis to isolate key performance driver
- Communicate findings and recommendations to the Risk Management and broader Prosper community
- Work with legal and compliance team to ensure strategies and policies comply with all the regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics and 6+ years relevant experience managing credit/ fraud risk OR a Master's degree in above areas with 4+ years relevant experience.
- Experience managing credit risk and/or fraud and/or data science in consumer lending industry, consumer credit card experience is a plus
- Experience using machine learning and statistical models to develop strategiesAM
- Must have strong proficiency in SQL. Knowledge of R, Python, Tableau, and Knowledge Seeker will be a plus
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly to other team members and Senior Management team
- Curious to ask questions, probe into reasons and challenge the status quo
- Strong ownership and motivation to drive business results
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts.
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $25 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, credit, home equity lines of credit (HELOC), and our newest product, HELoan. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.