Full-Stack Software Engineer
At RiskOptics, we aim to make risk management more strategic, pulling it up from tactical “check-the-box” work to something more valuable to both the company and the security team. There’s an opportunity for security executives to go beyond just protecting their company and secure their role as a more valuable, strategic member of the team. We can help by giving them the business context they need to report risk to their board in a way that is easy to understand and act upon.
If you enjoy problem-solving and building scalable processes, and are looking for an opportunity to have an immediate impact on ARR, RiskOptics could be the right place for you. We'd love to meet you!
Our Commitment to Pay Transparency
At RiskOptics, we are committed to transparent & equitable compensation practices across our entire organization. This is a critical component of our hiring process and as such, compensation for this role will be discussed during your first interview to ensure a fair interviewing experience and effective use of your time. No questions related to compensation are off-limits as we believe complete transparency leads to an enjoyable hiring experience for all involved.
We’re looking for a Backend or Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our remote team and support our growing list of top notch customers. If you’re excited about leveraging your technical abilities while contributing to internal operations that result in bottom line savings and increased efficiency on the engineering team, join our effort to transform the $125B information security industry.
What you will get to do
- Develop new functionality for the product including features, APIs, and services.
- Technically lead the progressive development of the next generation of our products by working with the architecture team.
- Work with QA and Services to streamline deployment, maintenance and monitoring processes.
- Code! And review code for your colleagues.
- Interact with customers and product managers to gather requirements/feedback, produce design documents, and help define Jira stories.
- Collaborate with Engineering strategy planning.
- Cooperate with QA, Product, Customer Success and other teams.
What we are looking for
- 5 years of software engineering experience, with a focus on backend web development
- Ability to hit the ground running and excel in developing HTTP-style integrations with a diverse range of services.
- Experience with NodeJS/Typescript, SQL
- Experience with AWS (lambdas, events, gateways, permissions, etc.), Cloudformation/Terraform, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Postgraphile, Kubernetes, GitHub, CircleCI, Kafka, are all considered a plus!
- Able to commit to feature delivery (not just code delivery).
- Confidence in your preferred architectures and tools.
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced Agile development environment.
- Experience delivering Enterprise Software (SaaS, etc.) is a plus.
The job looks interesting but you don't know if you meet all of the qualifications on paper?
Apply anyway! We're aware that many people only apply for a job when they've met every requirement listed in a job description. At RiskOptics, we hire the PERSON, not the resume. We value diversity, in experiences and backgrounds, and are committed to providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. While there are certain requirements that exist for all open positions, we want to get to know YOU above all else when making our hiring decisions. Go for it.
- We are committed to the health and safety of our people. Our people are mostly working remote, collaborating online and connecting over video, as they continue to deliver high-quality technology solutions
- Competitive salary and equity (we want everyone to be a stakeholder)
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, wellness, cell phone reimbursement, etc.)
- Unlimited PTO, paid sick days, 10 holidays
- Collaborating with smart coworkers that put customers first
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We value a diverse environment. RiskOptics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
RiskOptics will comply with all local data protection laws, including GDPR when it comes to the handling and processing of personal data. All resumes submitted to RiskOptics will be retained for 6 months (12 months with your consent) after submission for recruitment purposes. Should you wish for us to remove your personal data from our recruitment database, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.