Software Dev Senior Engineer - C/C++ Networking and VPN **
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world
SonicWall is looking for a Software Engineer excited to work in the Secure Mobile Access engineering team. The Software Engineer role provides challenging opportunities and ample room for critical thinking. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining SonicWall’s Secure Mobile Access software products. Candidate must possess a positive attitude and be comfortable functioning in a multi-tasking, tightly knit team environment.
The position will be based out of Bangalore, India. This position reports to the Director of Software Engineering in Bangalore.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, Develop and maintain industry leading Secure Mobile Access platform
• Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, agile team environment
• Facilitate problem diagnosis and prompt resolution for issues reported by customers
• Maintain existing software features by implementing enhancements and fixing bugs
• Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, test case reviews, and process enhancements
• Write functional and design specifications, and work with technical publications team for documentation needs
• Work with your peers in India and other development centers to bring the cutting-edge features to our customers
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field, or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field with 7+ years of software development experience
• Strong programming knowledge using C/C++ with 7+ years of experience
• Hands on development experience using L3, L4 and L7 protocols, such as Network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSL, ESP) and/or VPN Client development
• Strong collaborative team player with a self-motivated, can-do attitude
• Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems
• Experience with TCP/IP and other networking protocols
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Ability to provide detailed evaluations and suggest practical solutions factoring multiple constraints
• Experience in Network Security
• Experience with TCPdump and/or WireShark
• Experience with Windows drivers and/or network interfaces
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Perforce/GIT
• Experience Working with Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA)
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.