SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world
Counsel must be able to communicate effectively, build consensus by establishing trust with key company stakeholders, both internally and externally, by providing thoughtful insight and data on a myriad of legal and business issues that the company and its clients must consider. S/he/they must be able to work independently and be extremely self-motivated and possess strong initiative, business acumen, and excellent people management skills. Additionally, Counsel will need to challenge our current legal model and improve our current handling of legal matters in a cost-effective and practical manner. Counsel must fully align with our current culture of transparency and collaboration. We are looking for a creative thinker, and someone who can simultaneously balance managing risk and protecting the company with finding ways to help the company grow and fulfill its other objectives. The ideal candidate will be thoughtful, have strong judgement, and exhibit business “common sense”. Counsel must have a high level of legal skill, business acumen, independent judgment, and an appreciation for the application of technology to legal practice asl well as be well-organized, hands-on, self-directed, confident, and trustworthy.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts including inbound and outbound licensing, professional services, channel partner, nondisclosure and other commercial and technology related agreements
- Supporting and coaching our sales and procurement teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- Working cross-functionally to support and manage all aspects of the legal sales relationship with “key” distributors and with procurement relationships globally.
- Supporting marketing, privacy, and corporate initiatives
- Serving as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing SonicWall’s overall business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to independently raise questions, investigate decisions, and develop solutions to maintain the company’s culture of business integrity
- Willing to roll up sleeves and be involved in all legal aspects of a fast-growing company
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with channel (VAR, OEM, SI, etc.) programs and relationships preferred, particularly with two-tier distribution models as well as procurement transactions and data privacy on a global basis
- Demonstrated experience as a self-driven attorney who can work independently; strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and attention to detail.
- Experienced in handling issues related to software licensing, hardware sales, services, intellectual property, marketing, corporate structuring, regulatory, and data privacy matters
- Passionate and excited about closing deals, working with our team and our customers, and building a business
- Able to coordinate effectively across disciplines, gain trust and confidence with colleagues at many different levels throughout the company and are clear and concise in your communications
- At your best in a fast-paced team environment, able to react promptly and comfortable prioritizing multiple, often competing deliverables while managing expectations around deadlines
- Flexibility, initiative, and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters
- Hard-working, highly team-oriented, well-organized, and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under pressure
- Must be a team player and work well in areas of shared responsibility and accountability
Education and Experience:
- JD from a top law school with a current license and a minimum of 3-8+ years of experience working in the tech industry negotiating commercial contracts
- Active membership in at least one state bar in the US
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.