Software Dev Principal Engineer - Networking/Security**
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
• Design and develop new software features with limited supervision.
• Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, agile team environment.
• Able to build optimized cloud solutions which scale and are cost efficient.
• Make the right judgment calls to deliver features on time, with the highest level of quality, in the best interest of the customer.
• Facilitate problem diagnosis and prompt resolution for issues reported by customers.
• Maintain existing software features by implementing enhancements and fixing bugs.
• Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, test case reviews, and process enhancements.
• Write functional and design specifications, and work with technical publications team for documentation needs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Ability to work with different groups, teams and projects.
• MS in computer science or engineering or related field with 8+ years of software development experience or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field with 10+ years of software development experience.
• Demonstrated cloud application development experience, i.e., AWS preferable
• Demonstrated experience with DevOps principles
• Strong systems experience with modern Linux distros - Solid experience with modern programming languages & tools like GoLang.
• Good to have experience with Java, C++ and any other programming languages.
• Experience with REST API development.
• Strong experience in modern SQL and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, MySQL and ReDis
• Basic cloud exposure to AWS or Azure platforms.
• Experience with Virtualization platforms like VMware or HyperV.
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issue.
o Prior knowledge and experience building micro-services-based platform.
o Prior knowledge and experience managing Kubernetes based application deployments.
• Familiarity with DevOps principles,
• Scripting exposure like Python, Shell scripts
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.