Principal Software Engineer- C Development and TCP/IP background is a must.
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
SonicWall is commencing a new chapter in history with an exciting lineup of network security products, and we want the best people to be part of our team. We are in a dynamic phase operating as an independent private company after Francisco Partners, a leading global private equity firm, acquired SonicWall from Dell. The Software Engineering position provides challenging opportunities with a cohesive world-class team in our fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling work environment!
The Deep Packet Inspection Software Engineering position is located in Milpitas, CA.
• Design and enhance SonicWall Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection engine.
• Design and implement Intrusion Prevention, Gateway Anti-Virus, and other related features of SonicWall's Next Generation firewall.
• Design and implement SonicOS Capture ATP (malware sandboxing) features.
• Maintain and document code using source control systems and other tools.
15+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s, 12 + with a master’s or 8+ with PhD or equivalent. Graduate Degree holders are preferred and encouraged to apply.
• Fluent in C/C++ and in coding various data structures and algorithms in C.
• Solid background in TCP/IP networking.
• Strong background in either Unix/Linux systems.
• Persuasive written and verbal communication (includes critical reading, listening, and reasoning).
• Creative problem solving, software testing, and debugging capabilities.
• Be a self-starter, and motivated to work independently to deliver towards team goals.
• Strong Layer 3 through Layer 7 protocol (HTTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, FTP, TLS, SSH, etc.) knowledge.
• Experience with firewalls and embedded development environment.
• Knowledge of pattern matching, or compression algorithms is a plus.
• Experience working with state machines and computation theory is a plus.
To be successful, you need to be extremely organized, willing to learn, able to multi-task in a high/low volume environment and manage competing priorities.
Compensation varies based on location and work being performed. The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position is generally within the range of $168,914 – $285,855 for annual base salary. Employees may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and commissions. The successful candidate’s actual pay will also be based on qualifications and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.
The Company also offers a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program. It provides access to programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs of our employees and their families. The Company offers medical, vision and dental coverage, and health savings accounts; mental health support, time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, vacation and personal time off; and a retirement savings plan with Roth features.
#Deep Packet Inspection
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.