DevOps Engineer- Networking background is a must.
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be involved in every facet of our Cloud-based services. You will establish solutions for building, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure of our cloud platforms. We follow a DevOps model: Development and Operations teams are integrated, running continuous deployments daily, and the teams collaborate in the solution's development, deployment, and operations.
- Develop solutions for automated deployment of our software and services on our production infrastructure hosted on AWS.
- Shape how our mission-critical enterprise software solutions are developed and deployed using optimized and automated CI/CD pipelines that ensure high-quality products.
- Help design, build and support infrastructure and security technologies within the cloud that offer resiliency, observability, and optimized cost.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production.
- Develop management solutions for managing services across multiple cloud platforms and data centers.
- Mentor team members on technical decision-making, code reviews, and enforcing cloud engineering best practices and standards.
- Collaborate with peers, system architecture, engineers, and product management on migrating applications to AWS.
- Participate in planning work and identify areas of improvement.
- Perform technology evaluation and selection.
- Installation, support, and maintenance of network infrastructure for our Private Could sites.
- Integrate, maintain, and consolidate network services - including but not limited to - switches, routers, firewalls, wireless networks, and network security, server, data center, virtualization & storage, software applications.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems.
- Develop and follow best practices and operational procedures and create visual and written documentation.
- Stay up to date with relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and systems.
- Maintain inventory.
- Accurately maintain documentation and comply with service administrative procedures.
- 3+ years of experience in scalable, distributed systems architecture
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS.
- 1+ years of experience in infrastructure as code (Terraform, AWS CDK)
- 1+ years of experience in scripting using Python, Shell, or a similar scripting language.
- 1+ years of experience with containerization technologies, including Docker.
- 1+ years of experience with orchestration technologies, including Kubernetes.
- Experience managing databases - PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB.
- Experience defining and implementing automated service deployments, including provisions for networking, security, reliability, management, reporting, and configuration management.
- In-depth understanding of best practices for deployment automation.
- Experience with setting up and managing vCenter, ESXi servers, DNS, and Active Directory.
- Good understanding of routing and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP).
- Network troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- CS Degree or equivalent experience.
- You have an in-depth understanding of networking, including routing, naming, security, network performance, and network failure modes.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- You have experience with instrumentation and management of automated deployments.
- You have experience resolving customer deployment issues.
- You have worked with distributed teams.
- You understand CI/CD processes and have some experience building CI/CD pipelines.
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.