Senior Cloud Application Architect- REMOTE
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Are you a technical leader who has architected, implemented, and successfully launched significant cloud services and applications? Would you like to work with our team of application engineers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Are you interested in Cybersecurity applications? Do you like to work on a variety of products at the forefront of cloud technology adoption? For applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation, and high availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build cloud-ready applications. SonicWall is looking for talented hands-on technical architects to help accelerate our AWS migration.
- The role of the Senior Cloud Architect is to work with the business, functional, and technical teams to define, document, educate, implement, and support cloud-based solutions to meet business objectives.
- In this role, you will conduct design reviews of new and existing architectures, create reference architectures and standards to enable effective solution delivery, design solutions for performance optimization and design automation solutions for reusability and consistency.
- The Senior Cloud Architect will be responsible for crafting the organization's cloud application strategy needed to lead the effective adoption of cloud infrastructure and services, as well as designing enterprise applications within the cloud ecosystem.
- Ensure cloud-based solutions are secure and compliant with relevant regulations and standards.
- Keep current on cloud technology trends both in the industry as a whole and with the applications deployed in the SonicWall landscape, including researching, and implementing new and/or alternate technologies that will further business goals and provide competitive advantages.
- Develop cloud migration strategies that help organizations transition from on-premises infrastructure to cloud-based solutions.
- Architect and oversee the construction of highly scalable, cloud-native, secure applications on the AWS platform using core developer services.
- Collaborate across all cloud applications to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based on product roadmaps.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Actively mentor individuals and the SonicWall developer community on advanced technical issues.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Lead technical and design discussions to help SonicWall speed the adoption of modern technologies and practices.
- Define cloud computing standards, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies technical risks upfront and bring it to the attention of management.
- Experience migrating applications to the AWS cloud.
- Experience with application modernization strategies and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of architecting secure solutions in AWS.
- Experience with cloud concepts: Infrastructure as a Service, Serverless Architecture, Container Architecture, Platform as a Service, Storage, Infrastructure as Code, and Identity and Access Management.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Ability to understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Strong ability to use data metrics to evaluate assumptions, make recommendations, and decisions.
- Strong problem-solving characteristics with the ability to think out of the box and understand how to interpret market needs and translate them into requirements that can be used to inform technical designs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal team members as well as business stakeholders and enjoys working with others in a collaborative fashion.
- Strong technical leadership skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with all levels of the organization, including technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience delivering projects via Agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Experience with Restful API and cross browser development.
- Experience with Cybersecurity applications and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, systems engineering or a related study.
Compensation varies based on location and work being performed. The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position is generally within the range of $125,624 – $212,577 for annual base salary. Employees may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and commissions. The successful candidate’s actual pay will also be based on qualifications and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.
The Company also offers a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program. It provides access to programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs of our employees and their families. The Company offers medical, vision and dental coverage, and health savings accounts; mental health support, time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, vacation and personal time off; and a retirement savings plan with Roth features.
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.