Principal Software Engineer- (SSL/SSH Decryption - DPI-SSL/DPI-SSH)
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
- Design and implement SSH/SSL decryption (DPI-SSL and DPI-SSH) features of SonicWall's next-generation firewall.
- Maintain and document code using source control system.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Experienced C/C++ programmer.
- Strong knowledge of SSL protocol and OpenSSL library.
- Knowledge of SSH protocol.
- Knowledge of security ciphers and general knowledge of PKI is highly recommended.
- Solid background in TCP/IP networking a must with strong Layer 3 through Layer 7 protocol (HTTP, SMTP, POP, FTP) knowledge.
- Previous experience in working on SSL decryption type of functionality is a huge plus.
- Experience with firewalls and embedded development environment preferred.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong background in either Unix/Linux or VxWorks systems a must.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
Compensation varies based on location and work being performed. The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position is generally within the range of $168,914 – $285,855 for annual base salary. Employees may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and commissions. The successful candidate’s actual pay will also be based on qualifications and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.
The Company also offers a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program. It provides access to programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs of our employees and their families. The Company offers medical, vision and dental coverage, and health savings accounts; mental health support, time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, vacation and personal time off; and a retirement savings plan with Roth features.
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.