Kernel Senior Engineer- embedded software design is a must
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Location: REMOTE ( Only for the candidates resides in USA)
This is a challenging position in BSP/System Software Engineering group. The engineer is responsible for design and development of software at kernel level, platform driver design and porting to new hardware platforms. In addition, during board bring-up phase this position requires tight interaction with Hardware team to understand design, validate hardware functionality and help to isolate hardware problems if any.
This position requires detailed understanding overall system functionality to design hardware abstraction layer to provide transparency and interoperability for the Firmware running on multiple platforms.
High level architectural direction will be provided but the engineer must be able to work well independently, have initiative to identify and solve design problems proactively.
• Software design at BSP/kernel level
• New platform adaption and porting 3rd party platform SDK
• Design and porting of device/platform drivers
• Understand functionality of the system to provide better hardware abstraction layer
• Communicate with Hardware team during board bring-up phase
• Document design details, collaborate with team members during design and review phase
• Past experience of embedded software design for network appliances
• Knowledge of Linux kernel programming
• Knowledge of kernel details, design in multitasking environment, synchronization objects, etc
• Knowledge of generic CPU architecture and infrastructure: core, peripherals, etc. ARMv8 experience is plus.
• Knowledge of C, GNU tools, Make, Git. ARM assembly knowledge is big plus
• Knowledge of scripting language such as bash, Perl, python, is a plus
• Basic knowledge of networking protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, etc
• Good command of English is a must
Education and Experience:
• BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science
• 3+ years experience in BSP/kernel software design
• 5+ years experience in Software Development
• Able to read schematics and basic hardware design knowledge.
• Yocto experience
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.