System Test Engineer-Networking Background is a Must
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Location: Milpitas (Hybrid)
System Test Engineer
We are looking for System Test Engineer who can write test plans, test scenarios, and test cases. This roles requires to understand how various security product offerings from SonicWall fits into customer’s network and create customer use case scenarios test plans. This roles also requires automating the complex tests that mimic customer environments.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed solutions level test plans
- Setup and manage large testbeds comprised off SonicWall products and test tools
- Participate in design reviews and incorporate new features into the existing testbeds
- Automating new and existing tests using python.
- Execute Automation as well as Manual Tests
- Work closely with Development team to root cause the failures
- Strong system administration experience in Linux and Windows
- Experience in testing System products such as Networking, Network Security, Wifi, etc.
- Experience in public and private clouds: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, KVM, HyperV, VMWare
- Familiarity with Keysight/IXIA, Spirent and other traffic generators and test tools
- Automation experience using Python, Selenium
- Understanding of network security, Email Security products, remote access products a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on industry experience in the skills requested above
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
Compensation varies based on location and work being performed. The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position is generally within the range of $141,148 – $238,865 for annual base salary. Employees may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses and commissions. The successful candidate’s actual pay will also be based on qualifications and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.
The Company also offers a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program. It provides access to programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs of our employees and their families. The Company offers medical, vision and dental coverage, and health savings accounts; mental health support, time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, vacation and personal time off; and a retirement savings plan with Roth features.
#System Test Engineer
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.