Financial Accountant- Hybrid
SonicWall delivers Boundless Cybersecurity for the hyper-distributed era in a work reality where everyone is remote, mobile, and unsecure. SonicWall safeguards organizations mobilizing for their new business normal with seamless protection that stops the most evasive cyberattacks across boundless exposure points and increasingly remote, mobile, and cloud-enabled workforces. By knowing the unknown, providing real-time visibility and enabling breakthrough economics, SonicWall closes the cybersecurity business gap for enterprises, governments and SMBs worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.sonicwall.com/ or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking, and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support, or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Reporting to the Director – Senior Accounting & Tax, the Financial Accountant will maintain the GL, prepare and review the Trial Balance for several entities in different countries to a level suitable for monthly reporting to US headquarters as per the monthly close cycle. The Financial Accountant will also work with external auditors and tax advisors to ensure the timely preparation and filing of statutory accounts and tax returns.
- Responsible for the General Ledger accounting for assigned EMEA or APAC entities.
- Responsible for review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions.
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. and local GAAP.
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders globally.
- Establishment of a continuous improvement culture.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and supports the audit process by providing timely and accurate information and data.
- Responsible for supporting and preparation of the Statutory Accounting Activities for one or more entities.
- Monitor and support closure of sub-ledgers for assigned entities i.e. Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable.
- Perform & review monthly account reconciliations using Cadency software application.
- Responsible for preparation of a robust bridge reconciliations between US GAAP to local GAAP.
- Engaging with internal and external audit and managing the associated local tax reporting.
- Analytical review of data and answering queries arising from your local reporting director and/or head office arising out of monthly reviews.
- Assisting with the implementation of Budgetary Controls & Reporting.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and internal controls at all times.
- Inter-company accounting and oversight of inter-company activities.
- Oversight of electronic bank and reconciliations.
- Accruals & Prepayments accounting.
- Periodic VAT and other direct and assist with tax returns compliance for assigned entities.
- Involved in ad hoc projects – entity incorporations, system set-up etc.
- Must be, ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA qualified.
- Oracle R12 experience.
- 3+ years Industry PQE.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- US GAAP reporting experience.
- Experienced monthly reporting within a multinational multi-currency company, you will show a desire & the ability to continually review processes & systems in our continuing drive to improve efficiency. Specifically, we are seeking someone with a demonstrable track record of taking ownership of work of a similar nature in a similar environment, i.e., software/high tech companies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and cross functionally but also a self-starter.
- Flexibility with regard to working hours during month-end, quarter-end and year-end.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external key business partners.
- Previous experience in managing the financial aspects of EMEA and/or APAC entities.
# Oracle R12
SonicWall is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At SonicWall, we pride ourselves on recruiting a diverse mix of talented people and providing active security solutions in 100+ countries.