Director of Engineering, Machine Learning
Data is at the heart of everything we do here at SourceScrub and we’re looking for an experienced Director to lead our Machine Learning, Data Science efforts across our globally distributed team. We’re looking for someone to serve as a player/coach to both help build out the function as well as work hands-on with the team. The right candidate will be a seasoned Engineer & Data Scientist with strong business acumen as well as data science fundamentals and a proven track record of building data and analytics products. This role reports to our CTO.
At SourceScrub, we believe two areas of focus are paramount to modern deal origination: Exceptional data quality and a relentless approach to Business Development. Our innovative approach allows finance professionals at all levels in their organization to find, research, track, and connect with privately-held companies.
You are a passionate engineer and leader with experience building high-performing machine learning and data science practices. You are highly collaborative and enjoy being hands-on working closely with your data science team as well as cross-functionally with other departments.
As our Director of Engineering, Machine Learning, you will
- Own the Data Science & Machine Learning roadmap, working with leaders cross-functionally to identify where Data Science can drive impact
- Prototyping: Follow product guidelines to build working prototypes showcasing experimental features, algorithms or visualizations
- Iteration: Based on internal and external feedback improve quality and usability until product team considers the prototype acceptable for the beta phase
- Beta: Work together with the other engineering teams to integrate accepted features into production stack and launch beta release
- Production (advisory) support: Provide the necessary help and support to the engineering team post release
- IP generation: Initiate and/or actively participate in creating provisional and non-provisional patents
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and research around specific subjects to assist product management & marketing
- Build high-performing data science and machine learning practices
- Build content enrichment and classification of unstructured and structured text
- Maintain a large corpus of data for training, testing, and production use
- Work with the CTO to define and execute on company IP strategy
- Lead, mentor and develop other members of the data science team
- Collaborate with other Technical Directors, Product Management, Tech Architects
- Be the subject matter expert for all things DS/ML
To be successful you should have
- 8+ years of experience within software engineering, machine learning or data science
- Experience managing/leading remote technical teams
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining data science, analytics AI, and machine learning products and capabilities
- Experience with tools and frameworks such as Apache Spark, Python, NLTK, Jupyter, SQL, R or similar
- Experience working in cloud implementations like Azure, AWS, GCP, Databricks, etc
- OTE range of $220,000-$250,000 plus equity
- We also offer robust medical/dental/vision plans, 401K, flexible PTO, $5,000/year towards learning and other perks depending on location
SourceScrub does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of SourceScrub.
Something looks off?